• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Investment

monmouth said:
benny said:
Why? It wasn’t the clubs fault, it was Sala and one of Nantes dodgy agents fault or the bloke who arranged the flight. We arranged a BA scheduled flight for him, if he had taken it, he would still be alive. Just have a think about that, I know it’s difficult for many of you as you left school at 12

It’s also totally irrelevant. You bought the player so pay for him. Any potential (dubious) claims against third parties are an entirely separate issue, as no doubt CAS will rule.

Also 34m loans at 9% against future income to buy the shitshow that is your team? Wow.

Everything secured against the stadium and future income? Wow.

All this pre COVID? You’re fucked.

You are so bitter Monmouth, always are. Let’s see how well you lot do next season, you should be shiiiting it. You are completely effed.

Chief said:
benny said:
Why? It wasn’t the clubs fault, it was Sala and one of Nantes dodgy agents fault or the bloke who arranged the flight. We arranged a BA scheduled flight for him, if he had taken it, he would still be alive. Just have a think about that, I know it’s difficult for many of you as you left school at 12

Yet us early adolescent school leavers evidently have a deeper understanding of the situation than yourself. Did you go to school at all?

CAS will not rule on who booked a flight for the footballer or how said footballer who you'd already signed to a contract chose to travel on that particular day.

I couldn’t give a monkeys about that, I agree we should pay for him. If he is ours then he is insured too. No problem. That’s not what’s being debated here though amongst the bitter ones. I bet the yanks are currently plotting how much they can raise to the hedge fund before they bale out completely. As much as Tan isn’t very good at running a club, wages way too high etc...we’d have been effed without him. Think he knows the path now though....at last

Marchamjack said:
Of course the Trust wouldn’t necessarily need too, they didn’t under the previous owners did they

The previous owners weren't putting their own money into the club (quite the reverse as it turned out). The club was either paying its own way, or temporary loans were made and then repaid. Much like the situation with Jake Silverstein loaning the club funds, although that may well be converted into equity thus diluting the trusts stake.

Marchamjack said:
they’re not providing funds for player purchases, which as a fan is what I want to see.

They're providing the funds that the club can afford to pay. You want them to spend money that the club can't afford on players with no guarantees of any success by doing so. Absolutely not. Never. No way. The club must pay its own way.

Marchamjack said:
what’s their exit strategy with us

Who knows? One thing I do know is when the time comes, a financially sound football club will be in a much better position to move on under new ownership than one up to its eyeballs in debt because its own supporters weren't interested the concept of self sufficiency.

Haha quick change of tact there after being shown up by someone who apparently left school at 12.....

Is he insured then? Surely if he was there wouldn't be the need to put his family through all this and you'd have paid Nantes safe in the knowledge that'll you'll be claiming it back from the insurance company.

Chief said:
Haha quick change of tact there after being shown up by someone who apparently left school at 12.....

Is he insured then? Surely if he was there wouldn't be the need to put his family through all this and you'd have paid Nantes safe in the knowledge that'll you'll be claiming it back from the insurance company.

Everyone is unsure, I haven’t got a clue if he was officially ours or not...

Well UEFA have already ruled he was your player. And the fact that Cardiff would go to all this trouble suggests to me that he was not insured......

Chief said:
Well UEFA have already ruled he was your player. And the fact that Cardiff would go to all this trouble suggests to me that he was not insured......

So Tan will have to pay then....wooooosh

Chief said:

If uefa said it was a sunny day I’d have to check myself first mind. Probably the most corrupt org currently in existence :lol:

Dr. Winston said:
Marchamjack said:
Of course the Trust wouldn’t necessarily need too, they didn’t under the previous owners did they

The previous owners weren't putting their own money into the club (quite the reverse as it turned out). The club was either paying its own way, or temporary loans were made and then repaid. Much like the situation with Jake Silverstein loaning the club funds, although that may well be converted into equity thus diluting the trusts stake.

Marchamjack said:
they’re not providing funds for player purchases, which as a fan is what I want to see.

They're providing the funds that the club can afford to pay. You want them to spend money that the club can't afford on players with no guarantees of any success by doing so. Absolutely not. Never. No way. The club must pay its own way.

Marchamjack said:
what’s their exit strategy with us

Who knows? One thing I do know is when the time comes, a financially sound football club will be in a much better position to move on under new ownership than one up to its eyeballs in debt because its own supporters weren't interested the concept of self sufficiency.

On the 2nd point - of course what the owners aren’t doing is providing any funds, as in reality all they’re doing in effect is recycling an ever dwindling pool of monies and within that, some of that lessening pool of money is being allocated to player purchases. I agree tho of course of not spending beyond the clubs means as I’ve already said.

On the last point - none of us actually do know in fact that the owners won’t leave the club at the point they do so up to its eyeballs in debt.

benny said:
Chief said:

Yea well why not, he seems to be funding the club already with impunity. Why stop now...

Marchamjack said:
of course what the owners aren’t doing is providing any funds, as in reality all they’re doing in effect is recycling an ever dwindling pool of monies and within that, some of that lessening pool of money is being allocated to player purchases. I agree tho of course of not spending beyond the clubs means as I’ve already said.

So do you want the club to live within its means or do you want it to be dependent upon external funding?

Chief said:
benny said:

Yea well why not, he seems to be funding the club already with impunity. Why stop now...

He needs to learn to run the club properly then and stop wasting money.....it was him who bought witters last season, not Harris choice app but he went along with it. This stuff has been happening for a decade....madness

Chief said:
benny said:

Think we only lost 12 million last season, not bad for us with covid too....god know what you lot lost as your wage bill is bigger

Dr. Winston said:
Marchamjack said:
of course what the owners aren’t doing is providing any funds, as in reality all they’re doing in effect is recycling an ever dwindling pool of monies and within that, some of that lessening pool of money is being allocated to player purchases. I agree tho of course of not spending beyond the clubs means as I’ve already said.

So do you want the club to live within its means or do you want it to be dependent upon external funding?

As I’ve said (now for the 3rd time in this thread) I would always want the club to live within it’s means. The means in our case being the ever tightening financial straight jacket placed on us by owners who (as Phil said) have never had any intention of investing in the club. Under these owners I don’t see any real development, progression of our club. Pretty depressing really in terms of our future on the pitch and any aspirations we might have to see the club ever return to the PL. That’s our footballing likely reality.

At the same time, to follow your take on things, at least we have a club and not one, at this point at least, heavily indebted. Which is good.

You can’t possibly though be overjoyed with our owners on the footballing side of things.

Marchamjack said:
As I’ve said (now for the 3rd time in this thread) I would always want the club to live within it’s means.

So we're agreed. There's no desire or need for investment and we don't want money from the owners for players via either debt or by diluting the Trusts shares. Glad we got that sorted out.

Overall they've done a piss poor job. Whilst the off pitch issues that kicked off the downward spiral that led to our relegation had begun before they took over they did little to arrest it with their hands off approach. Had they replaced Jenkins sooner when it became apparent that he'd lost the plot with someone competent like Birch we may have remained a PL club.

However, by trial and error they have stumbled into a situation where overall the club is being run reasonably well. Within its means in tricky financial circumstances. No massive debts, no massive losses. Somehow still in contention for a return to the PL. It makes no difference to me whether they retain ownership or sell out to Jeff Bezos, I'd still want us to be run in the same way.

Swansea City v Bristol City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back