• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Investment

benny said:
Swanjaxs said:
Ooo Benny with attitude šŸ˜²

What happened to the snivelling little toad that's been creeping around certain posters trying to be liked?

And no I ain't your "bro", that was just a pisstake of one of your many catchphrases ...

Now, fack off you creepy little nomark Cardiff c**t šŸ‘

Like who? I donā€™t creep around anyone, I donā€™t even know who is who since you split from the racists Iā€™m mean right wingers :lol: shame the fat ginger from pencoed doesnā€™t post on here and I canā€™t recall my username on that other site he does post on. Still we have the village idiot from sainthelens that guy is precious and should possibly be in a museum. Iā€™ve always known what you are like, Iā€™ve seen your little digs ever since I popped back when the season finally ended, bit sad but at least you are nailed on now like saint and fireboy, the other mr angry. I donā€™t abuse you lot though as itā€™s not the way plus Iā€™d get banned....strangely none of you do :lol:
As you well know I couldnā€™t give a s**t what you think of me. You lot have been winging it for years so itā€™s going to be very interesting to see how you fair now you have no one to sell and no para either.

Don't give a shit about the rest of that, but not sure how a Cardiff fan can suggest we are 'winging it' financially. We'll probably have to continue selling players to stay in the black, especially with no more parachute payments, but on the other hand the big PL contracts are all off the books now.

On the other hand, you guys are apparently running at a loss constantly and survive thanks to your owner pumping money in. Should the rich man's whims change one day and he decides he wants his money back, your club are royally f*cked.

PSumbler said:
Chief said:
You know since the sale (or even slightly before it fully went through), there was reportedly a lot of negotiations between the trust and Americans. During these, did the Americans ever actually provide a concrete bid for some or all of the trust's shares?

Before the sale No.

After the sale only the one that was presented to the members which they eventually withdrew from

Ok thanks. Did they give any reason for the withdrawal?

Chief said:
PSumbler said:
Before the sale No.

After the sale only the one that was presented to the members which they eventually withdrew from

Yes this was all around the time of my resignation. The terms of the deal changed from the deal that was presented to the members in the first place (one that was never an ideal deal) and changed a significant part of the deal (the price) which they had "forgotten" to tell us about. The Trust board continued to negotiate (I wanted to pull out as I thought it showed a further evidence of reasons not to trust them) and I the deal disappeared a month or two later.

I'm fairly certain all of this is in the public domain

Chief said:
PSumbler said:
Before the sale No.

The reason they gave at the time (this was around the time I joined the Trust board after Phil and others resigned due to the terms of the deal being changed) was that they wanted to concentrate on matters on the pitch and the ongoing negotiations were a distraction from that. This was of course code for ā€œweā€™re in mortal danger of relegation and arenā€™t keen on spending millions on more shares in a football club that may be in the championship in a few monthsā€.

exiledclaseboy said:
Chief said:

The reason they gave at the time (this was around the time I joined the Trust board after Phil and others resigned due to the terms of the deal being changed) was that they wanted to concentrate on matters on the pitch and the ongoing negotiations were a distraction from that. This was of course code for ā€œweā€™re in mortal danger of relegation and arenā€™t keen on spending millions on more shares in a football club that may be in the championship in a few monthsā€.

Surely that couldnt have been the reason after all there are people (planted) on forums who say it was all the Trusts fault and how can they possibly blame the nice sellers

PSumbler said:
exiledclaseboy said:

Surely that couldnt have been the reason after all there are people (planted) on forums who say it was all the Trusts fault and how can they possibly blame the nice sellers

Indeed. I notice an interesting 'like' to that comment from a certain forum user ;)

Chief said:
PSumbler said:

Indeed. I notice an interesting 'like' to that comment from a certain forum user ;)

I'm fairly sure he's posted before to clarify he is not the same person with a similar username elsewhere. Nothing he's posted here has suggested that to be fair.

JackSomething said:
Chief said:

I'm fairly sure he's posted before to clarify he is not the same person with a similar username elsewhere. Nothing he's posted here has suggested that to be fair.

Ah ok I apologise to the one who spells the name of their home village correctly then.

Iā€™ll tell you one thing mind and this isnā€™t personal but itā€™s about time Godden and his chums put out a decent statement on whatā€™s happening with the legal action.
Iā€™ll continue to be a member until itā€™s all sorted then Iā€™m done,itā€™s become a bit of a joke really.
And whilst Iā€™m here why the f*ck they havenā€™t shut down the utter lies and nonsense constantly being posted by someone elsewhere absolutely staggers me,it honestly does.
Someone being allowed to post lie after lie to try and make people believe something that is not true should not be happening.

Marchamjack said:
So, in very basic terms, given the transfer fees and PL monies received since theyā€™ve owned the club set against player purchases/loan fees/wages, then the owners have not spent/invested a penny in the club. Nor will they.

The bigger question to me based on this ownership model is what will the owners do once the saleable assets run out to fund their ongoing ownership?

That's been my worry from the outset.
Once certain people flogged us off, what happens when the PL cash runs out and the new owners have to start putting in their own money to keep the club going was always a question.
One of the major reasons I voted for legal action, because with Ā£21ish million in cash, our Trust could have found someone around to come in as a partner- and I don't mean the owners the likes of Leeds, portsmouth or even us if we go back to Petty etc have seen.

Ah well.
Here we go with another instalment of the "Swansea Way" :D

Chief said:
JackSomething said:

Ah ok I apologise to the one who spells the name of their home village correctly then.

Cheers Chief, I am definitely NOT him :). In fact I am 100% behind the legal action & have voted for it on two occasions.

RevJames said:
Marchamjack said:
People on all variety of threads on here and on twitter, FB talking about investment in the close season so that Cooper (or whoever the new manager will be) can improve the team next season...these Yanks have been in charge now for 5 years or so...zero investment at all...why does literally anyone think theyā€™re going to now suddenly change their ownership model?

I donā€™t get what more evidence anyone needs to see which has been in front of their eyes after all this time that there will be none. Again šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø
Interesting feature on the BBC Sport website about how Norwich won't be spending huge amounts to stay in the Premier League.

Quote: "You can spend Ā£120m and still get relegated..."

I remember Laudrup saying once at a fans forum that the big difference off the field between La Liga and Premier League is that in the Premier league you need to spend large amounts just to stand still.

Swansea City v Bristol City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back