• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

JAKE SILVERSTEIN SPEAKS

• Thread starter Darran
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 28
  • Views: Views 3,833
Darran said:
:roll:

https://www.swanseacity.com/news/swansea-city-update-jake-silverstein

What a load of absolute waffle and bollocks, he's loaned the club money there's been no investment, all of a sudden he's now the mouthpiece for the club is he? fuk my eyes.
Typical of the Yanks Fuking amateurs, yet we'll have one or two clowns fully endorsing this "statement" unbelievable. :roll: :x

exiledclaseboy said:
That’s written in fluent corporate Yank.

Also, everything Lisa said. I do wonder if Dave Dalton knows what he’s doing jumping into Ned like this. Strategic it isn’t.

Seems like he's been drawn in by the bright lights, oblivious to what it all means and what's at stake, does he know that the Vol-Au-Vents will soon change to meat paste sarnie's made with B&M budget value bread :shock: :lol:

A far cry from what he said to get elected

“The Supporters Trust has been treated poorly and with contempt by both past and current owners and we undoubtedly need to become stronger and more unified to enable us to properly represent the Swans supporters again. I believe I have the qualities to help make this happen.”

Longlostjack said:

“The Supporters Trust has been treated poorly and with contempt by both past and current owners and we undoubtedly need to become stronger and more unified to enable us to properly represent the Swans supporters again. I believe I have the qualities to help make this happen.”

Dear God, he should have waited until he was off SMA baby milk and on solids before that load of delusional bollocks.

Longlostjack said:

Again I question how someone who wrote this mandate which clearly is a load of bunkum hasn't been formally challenged by the members of The Trust to stand down.

As has been said how is this creditor allowed to be a mouthpiece would we allow a bank or lending institution to talk this way

It’s all water under the bridge but I was wondering the other day how it was from the early days of the clubs rescue from Petty that a minor shareholder was given control
Surely the Trust as the majority shareholder should have taken more control or influence there were probably sound reasons at the time which I fail to remember but alas it’s too late

Vetchonian said:
As has been said how is this creditor allowed to be a mouthpiece would we allow a bank or lending institution to talk this way

It’s all water under the bridge but I was wondering the other day how it was from the early days of the clubs rescue from Petty that a minor shareholder was given control
Surely the Trust as the majority shareholder should have taken more control or influence there were probably sound reasons at the time which I fail to remember but alas it’s too late

The Trust was the third largest shareholder being MM and Katzen. From memory (and I wasnt involved in the Trust at that stage) nobody really wanted to be at the helm - Jenkins stood up and offered to do it

Uxy said:
Silverstein has a different definition of sustainability than I do.

Also slightly bizarre that a chap who's lent the club £5m, and has no equity, is now the voice of the ownership. Does he actually have a bit of LLC? Any agreements in place or is he just doing it for kicks? So many questions.

If I was DD I wouldn't be particularly happy with that bullseye painted on my back mind.

A somewhat misjudged statement, which is par for the course. They really could do with being advised by anyone who has an effin clue.

I thought I remembered the Trust being asked quite specifically if Silverstein had a share in Swansea Football LLC and the answer being that he did not.

He is not an owner. He just says he is quite a lot.

Niigata Jack said:
Darran said:
:roll:

https://www.swanseacity.com/news/swansea-city-update-jake-silverstein

What a load of absolute waffle and bollocks, he's loaned the club money there's been no investment, all of a sudden he's now the mouthpiece for the club is he? fuk my eyes.
Typical of the Yanks Fuking amateurs, yet we'll have one or two clowns fully endorsing this "statement" unbelievable. :roll: :x

A strict definition of ‘investment’ would include debt. However, that tends to be used more when debt instruments are issued by a company and a range of ‘investors’ participate in that debt. Which is not what has happened here. The issue I have with the ‘I came on board as an investor in 2020’ type language is that it is always alongside talk of him as part of the ‘ownership’. It’s language designed to make it sound as though he’s ‘put money in’ to the club (which he has) AND it’s at risk (which it is not unless he converts).

Londonlisa2001 said:
Uxy said:
Silverstein has a different definition of sustainability than I do.

Also slightly bizarre that a chap who's lent the club £5m, and has no equity, is now the voice of the ownership. Does he actually have a bit of LLC? Any agreements in place or is he just doing it for kicks? So many questions.

If I was DD I wouldn't be particularly happy with that bullseye painted on my back mind.

A somewhat misjudged statement, which is par for the course. They really could do with being advised by anyone who has an effin clue.

I thought I remembered the Trust being asked quite specifically if Silverstein had a share in Swansea Football LLC and the answer being that he did not.

Like the Trust have a scooby either way 😉. Plus, we both know they have been less than entirely accurate with their answers.

It's all very odd isn't it. A chap who lends our club £5m brings his family over here for Christmas, talks about the future and having a major stake, has the authority of the majority owners despite, well, not seemingly having any actual skin in the game, and everyone associated with our club just kinds of accepts it.

Just goes to show how much our club is at the whim of a few chaps the other side of the pond I guess, and the Trust could do with getting wise to that fact regardless of whatever they're told, locally and elsewhere.

Uxy said:
Londonlisa2001 said:

Like the Trust have a scooby either way 😉. Plus, we both know they have been less than entirely accurate with their answers.

It's all very odd isn't it. A chap who lends our club £5m brings his family over here for Christmas, talks about the future and having a major stake, has the authority of the majority owners despite, well, not seemingly having any actual skin in the game, and everyone associated with our club just kinds of accepts it.

Just goes to show how much our club is at the whim of a few chaps the other side of the pond I guess, and the Trust could do with getting wise to that fact regardless of whatever they're told, locally and elsewhere.

Interesting that Martin when talking about signing Allen said how great the "owner's statement" was yesterday.

Unless he's confused or a slip of the tongue.

A4Jack said:
Uxy said:

Interesting that Martin when talking about signing Allen said how great the "owner's statement" was yesterday.

I didn't hear, but that statement was the very definition of saying nothing.

Uxy said:
A4Jack said:

Absolutely. It was more of a surprise to me that he referred to him as the owner though!

A4Jack said:
Uxy said:

Absolutely. It was more of a surprise to me that he referred to him as the owner though!

Not to me to be honest. Silverstein will have been introduced to him as the ownership, and Martin will act accordingly.

Whether Silverstein actually has the authority to make decisions is another thing entirely, and could well turn out to be an issue if he's a bottleneck when decisions need to made quickly.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back