• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Jay fulton

generousredswan

Youth Team Apprentice
Reaction score
How hes been treated is an absolute disgrace hes better than most of our midfield and scores and actually tackles people manager needs to look at what hes done

He's scored 8 goals in 132 appearances for us. A goal every 16 games or so.

#prolific

I think everyone has become just a little bit romantic when remembering Jay Fulton

He is just another average midfielder in a sea of average Swansea midfielders-we need better than him

generousredswan said:
How hes been treated is an absolute disgrace hes better than most of our midfield and scores and actually tackles people manager needs to look at what hes done

Yes , scores 30 yd screamers in friendlies against yeovil and Bristol rovers and it never gets repeated in league games, like so many of our midfield players, slow, no creativity and even less goals. Excellent at playing 5 yd passes sideways or backwards .

PSumbler said:
I think everyone has become just a little bit romantic when remembering Jay Fulton

He is just another average midfielder in a sea of average Swansea midfielders-we need better than him

Yes but that’s the point of having a squad. Mananger should be using all the tools at his disposal. I’m starting to wonder whether his ego is going to get the better of him.

We arent good enough to ignore players like Fulton, Dhanda, Whittaker, Walsh etc every week. They may not be world beaters but neither are our starters. Martin has dug himself a hole and seems to still be digging.

And here’s the problem with some of our fans, a few bad results and suddenly we start seeing things in players that are not being picked.
Fulton has never been good enough, what happened to that other player that some were heralding as the next Pele when he signed a new contract….Byers or something wasn’t it.

So were using goals scored as a stick to beat a defensive midfielder with? How many goals has Downes scored? Oh.
0 goals in 18 games
#reallyprolific

Jackfath said:

#prolific

Matt Grimes has scored 3 goals in 162 league appearances.

I don't think anybody sees Fulton as a world beater but to freeze him out altogether is mad

JBT95 said:
Jackfath said:

#prolific

And there lies the problem with the majority of our midfielders, no creativity, no pace and very few goals and to be honest we are overloaded with that type of player. That was one of the major reasons we didn't get promoted last season. Think Connor Roberts and Cabango scored more goals last season than the whole of our midfield.

JBT95 said:
Jackfath said:

#prolific

If only this thread had been titled Matt Grimes. I could have pulled that gem of a stat out too. We could also get Wayne Routlege's stats out, but he's deemed a swans legend for being loyal and being able to pass to nobody with the outside of his foot. How I miss those times!

The manager doesn’t rate him. Clearly doesn’t think he can fit with the style Martin wants to implement and Martin’s going nowhere for a while, certainly not this season. So cheerio to bang average midfielder. I’m genuinely struggling to see the issue here?

Swansea City v Stoke City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back