• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Kaplan backs Martin

Risc said:
Kaplan, apparently is the better of the two chuckle brothers who own us. They know as soon as the window came and went the season was over, they know they've tucked Martin up, big time.

He needs a summer to rebuild the side.

Do you believe Russ would get different results with different players

Fbreath said:
Do you believe Russ would get different results with different players

Yeah, I genuinely do.

He mentioned yesterday we are three players away from being a top team at this level. I wouldn't go as far as saying "top", but we wouldn't be far off.

Risc said:
Yeah, I genuinely do.

He mentioned yesterday we are three players away from being a top team at this level. I wouldn't go as far as saying "top", but we wouldn't be far off.

Can you please explain then how with the same players we were 4th in October having won 7 outa 9 and since then we can't win a fckn argument?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/64960165

If this is accurate then it’s the kiss of death for quite a few season ticket holders-me amongst them.

Risc said:
Kaplan, apparently is the better of the two chuckle brothers who own us. They know as soon as the window came and went the season was over, they know they've tucked Martin up, big time.

Really, you think Martin should be tasked to rebuild the side in the summer?

More players of the quality of Fisher, Darling, Wood and Sorinola...

Risc said:
Yeah, I genuinely do.

He mentioned last season he needed a pre season now we are 3 players short.
Next it will be another excuse.
The reality of what we are is on the pitch. What other excuses does he have.

Risc said:

😂 You've been Russelled

Swanjaxs said:
Really, you think Martin should be tasked to rebuild the side in the summer?

More players of the quality of Fisher, Darling, Wood and Sorinola...

Wood will be a good player, he's a 20 year old centre half, Darling will aswell, Sorinola was a cheap loan and not good enough unfortunately, Fisher was on reflection not needed so he'll need to take that on the chin. When we are working under the financial constraints we are, not every player will work out. We haven't got the wage bill we had under Cooper and Potter, we can't afford expensive loans to bulk up the first team squad anymore.

Risc said:

With similar to Darling Fisher Wood and Sorinola. Can't wait

Risc said:
Wood will be a good player, he's a 20 year old centre half, Darling will aswell, Sorinola was a cheap loan and not good enough unfortunately, Fisher was on reflection not needed so he'll need to take that on the chin. When we are working under the financial constraints we are, not every player will work out. We haven't got the wage bill we had under Cooper and Potter, we can't afford expensive loans to bulk up the first team squad anymore.
How can you trust Martin's judgement on players to bring in though?
Personally I don't think Wood is ever going to make a good Championship centre half.
The most concerning thing is that he's worked with Fisher & Sorinola before & they're just not good enough but he doesn't see it.
Darling I think has the ability but needs better coaching and an experienced centre half alongside him.

Darran said:
https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/russell-martin-insists-swansea-city-26473808

A lot on Twitter and on here now think Russ is here to stay but I'm not sure if this just comes under a "vote of confidence" from the owners that you see so often in football. How many times has a board publicly backed a manager then sacked him a month or two later..

The board will clearly want him till the end of the season and have to tell him things like that. If we survive by the skin of our teeth but continue to look dreadful then for me he'll be gone. If he picks up a bit of a form and there are signs that there can be improvement next season then maybe he'll stay but I think that was the case before that announcement yesterday.

Risc said:

Not having that Wood will somehow turn into a good player, Brandon Cooper is more accomplished and would have saved us a couple of bob, as for Darling, no more than a steady 7/10 league one player, so maybe one for the future, Sorinola, although not our misfortune is still down to Martin, I'm literally not even going to waste my time assessing Fisher...

Risc said:
Yeah, I genuinely do.

I disagree, we look like we've gonna lose at least 6 players loanee's Cundle, Sorrynola [he's not a big loss] Lati [he's not a big loss either] Manning, Naughton is out of contract and will probably go and Piroe, Nitcham and probably Pato, maybe one or two others as well, I'd bite the bullet and bin Fisher as soon as the season's over.

They'll need to virtually rebuild the first team squad, starting with a keeper worthy of the name.

Niigata Jack said:
I disagree, we look like we've gonna lose at least 6 players loanee's Cundle, Sorrynola [he's not a big loss] Lati [he's not a big loss either] Manning, Naughton is out of contract and will probably go and Piroe, Nitcham and probably Pato, maybe one or two others as well, I'd bite the bullet and bin Fisher as soon as the season's over.

They'll need to virtually rebuild the first team squad, starting with a keeper worthy of the name.

Oh yeah I know that, next year is going to be an absolute killer, I meant if we added two or three players in January to our existing squad, we could have consolidated top half and maybe push top 8. We didn't, the mood at the club completely changed, and we fell away badly.

Swansea City v Bristol City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back