• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Kaplan backs Martin

Beentherebefore said:
If it's financial,there is no financial gain being in L1.

L1 will be the next challenge come the end of next season, if not this one.

I just don't see us avoiding the drop, the Yanks will want to rebuild the squad on a shoestring whether Martin stays or goes, whoever comes in instead will need to be able to produce miracles.

JonMainy said:
A lot on Twitter and on here now think Russ is here to stay but I'm not sure if this just comes under a "vote of confidence" from the owners that you see so often in football. How many times has a board publicly backed a manager then sacked him a month or two later..

The board will clearly want him till the end of the season and have to tell him things like that. If we survive by the skin of our teeth but continue to look dreadful then for me he'll be gone. If he picks up a bit of a form and there are signs that there can be improvement next season then maybe he'll stay but I think that was the case before that announcement yesterday.

Well we only have Russell's word that the conversations were positive and I don't believe a word that comes out of his mouth.

Niigata Jack said:
L1 will be the next challenge come the end of next season, if not this one.

I just don't see us avoiding the drop, the Yanks will want to rebuild the squad on a shoestring whether Martin stays or goes, whoever comes in instead will need to be able to produce miracles.

I don't think they will need to produce miracles. They aren't working under any different constraints to most teams in this division. You would swear from listening to the way people talk, every other team in the league is spending £20m a season and we are signing free transfers.

When you are a manager of a Championship side you know you will be working under a tight budget and you know you'll struggle to retain players. If you can't work under those conditions, you're in the wrong job.

ARQS said:
I don't think they will need to produce miracles. They aren't working under any different constraints to most teams in this division. You would swear from listening to the way people talk, every other team in the league is spending £20m a season and we are signing free transfers.

When you are a manager of a Championship side you know you will be working under a tight budget and you know you'll struggle to retain players. If you can't work under those conditions, you're in the wrong job.

Fed up of this narrative tbh. Things don't connect. Bottom six of the division for budgets yet here we are with a shocking goalkeeper apparently on 10k a week, Ntcham on 20k+, Piroe and Obafemi both earning £10k+. The list goes on as well as signing Darling for big money.

That is not anywhere near the likes of Rotherham, Wigan, Huddersfield, even Preston. It's just a narrative that people run with and it's quite frankly bollocks.

A4Jack said:
Fed up of this narrative tbh. Things don't connect. Bottom six of the division for budgets yet here we are with a shocking goalkeeper apparently on 10k a week, Ntcham on 20k+, Piroe and Obafemi both earning £10k+. The list goes on as well as signing Darling for big money.

That is not anywhere near the likes of Rotherham, Wigan, Huddersfield, even Preston. It's just a narrative that people run with and it's quite frankly bollocks.

We'd have also spent the best part of £500,000+ to get Grant on loan for a few months.

ARQS said:

This squad is gonna need rebuilding, there's at least 6 players probably 7 including Naughton and I'm not including Fisher in that [he'd struggle in the southern or northern league] that will leave this summer, we've got League one players in the squad now and they're not cutting the mustard, so unless the recruitment team can pull at least 4/5 gems out of the hat for little money, which they clearly haven't Downes and Piroe apart, I'm struggling to see where we go, to be honest.

Risc said:
Oh yeah I know that, next year is going to be an absolute killer, I meant if we added two or three players in January to our existing squad, we could have consolidated top half and maybe push top 8. We didn't, the mood at the club completely changed, and we fell away badly.

Every club coach, every fan no matter what position their club is in the league will always claim to be 2-3 players short of achieving something better

Niigata Jack said:
This squad is gonna need rebuilding, there's at least 6 players probably 7 including Naughton and I'm not including Fisher in that [he'd struggle in the southern or northern league] that will leave this summer, we've got League one players in the squad now and they're not cutting the mustard, so unless the recruitment team can pull at least 4/5 gems out of the hat for little money, which they clearly haven't Downes and Piroe apart, I'm struggling to see where we go, to be honest.

Yes, that's a fair point.

However, there are going to be other clubs in just as bad a position as us, if not worse. Piroe is going to leave and I suppose much will depend on how much we get for him and how well we re-invest it....

"We've probably been two or three players away from being a really top team at this level in our opinion, I think the stats back that up"

He gets away with spouting nonsense like this all the time, throwing in comments about "stats" and "metrics" that don't get challenged by the journalists in the press conference.

This is the same guy who said our record against the teams in the top 6 this season has been very good, teams like Watford and West Brom. A brief glance at results actually showed we'd lost every game against the top 6 sides (except for Millwall at home which was when we conceded 2 own goals in injury time to draw 2:2) and, at the time, Watford and West Brom were in 8th and 10th place respectively.

What two players would have made us "a really top team at this level"? The man is either delusional or a total chancer and he's been given a ridiculously easy ride for months now

There are some right beauts on this site, after the Luton game we had people criticising the travelling support for chanting Martins name, they actually made the effort to go and watch the team play while the critics on here couldn’t be bothered to get off their arses and watch the game in the flesh.

Don’t tell me it was an away game and you couldn’t make it you’re exactly the same when it’s a home game

Copamundial said:
There are some right beauts on this site, after the Luton game we had people criticising the travelling support for chanting Martins name, they actually made the effort to go and watch the team play while the critics on here couldn’t be bothered to get off their arses and watch the game in the flesh.

Don’t tell me it was an away game and you couldn’t make it you’re exactly the same when it’s a home game

I was there last night. It was a terrible game of football - I saw better matches when we were in League 2 and Nick Cusack was our manager. Everyone I spoke to on the train back home said the same. Shockingly bad performances (Millwall were not much better).

I got home to find that Russell Martin had said (I quote) "We were great tonight." I am running out of words to describe how I feel about this charlatan.

Copamundial said:

There certainly are.

I’m voting with my wallet on this charlatan of a manager. If he’s still here next season, I won’t be, as will a good few of my mates.
None of us renewing.
We’ve all had more than enough of this clown.

Swansea City v Bristol City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back