• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Labour would abolish the house of lords

Niigata Jack

Roger Freestone
Reaction score
Hopr they haven't shot themselves in the foot with this statement :eek:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-63692981

Niigata Jack said:

I think it's sensible myself. Cruddas, Hannan, Frost, Fox, Moylan and Lebedev are reasons to reform it. The messaging is key

waynekerr55 said:
I think it's sensible myself. Cruddas, Hannan, Frost, Fox, Moylan and Lebedev are reasons to reform it. The messaging is key

Its a great idea and long overdue, but is it a vote winner?

Most people won’t care about this. It’s not something to hang your manifesto on.

Darran said:
Max does.

I posted the thread to provoke a discussion on the matter, you post pointless threads to try and keep yourself relevant, but thankfully 99% of the shit you post get's rightly ignored, :lol:

I think it's long overdue and one step in a complete overhaul needed in the British political system if the country is serious about saving itself. A big kick in the arse for Tory spongers like 'Lord' Frost and 'Lord' Gavin Williamson too. Bring it on.

Great idea, I don't think it would make much difference to the voters. Those upper class toffs in favour of the HOL, would never vote for labour anyway, and the silly sausages who vote for the tories because they are going to "take back control" the gammons and racists, won't care about this anyway. I doubt most of those types even know what the HOL is.

exiledclaseboy said:
Most people won’t care about this. It’s not something to hang your manifesto on.

As always you make a valid point, but surely things for the greater good have to be done.

Niigata Jack said:

The non use of capital letters in a sentance should be abolished also.👍😉

It will be interesting to find out what will actually replace the HOL. As long as there isn't something that would end up filled with individuals with their own agenda and up up with any gridlocks in the legislative process.

The one advantage of the Lords are the small number of cross bench peers appointed as experts in an area, My old boss Sandy Trees (Lord Trees of Ross) covers veterinary and animal welfare matters. It would be good to retain such expertise over 'professional politicians'- would be nominated by Royal Colleges, Learned Societies and recognised associations/trade bodies.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back