• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Langstaff To Millwall ...

Nostalgia is a wonderful thing... we only remember the good bits...

Nostalgia is a wonderful thing... we only remember the good bits...
That's very true and why when I reflect back on the Martin years I struggle to remember anything good.

Other people would have enjoyed his time with us. I don't think either view point is right or wrong.

The plan would be a permanent striker and a loan striker to compliment.
Williams is seeing Cullen as a striker/no 10 so it raises the question what the plan is with Mykolo.

Going back to how we used to work, players who have potential but have lost their way and need a good home.....i would see someone like Sydney Van Hoijdonk fall in that category with his club looking to move him in and with only 12 months left on his contract. If he got a move to the UK and does the job then his surname adds a couple of million alone.
He didn’t do much on loan at Norwich did he?

We need some striker physicality or pace ideally both

I hope the club seriously addresses this problem.

That's very true and why when I reflect back on the Martin years I struggle to remember anything good.

Other people would have enjoyed his time with us. I don't think either view point is right or wrong.
I genuinely loved the season under Potter.
I thought we were getting back to that under Martin and it was under his tenure that my little boy fell in love with the swans so I’m in the pro-Martin camp. I hated Cooper despite 2 seasons in the play offs.
The Premier League years seem more and more like a dream. I watch highlights of games and even though I was there, it doesn’t seem real.
I get what you’re saying about it being a chore though Smurph. Underperformance shouldn’t be a recurring theme. The crowds and atmosphere are a reflection of that.
I do think we’ve got the right man at the helm now and from what I’ve heard, so do the players.

£750k is a steal to be fair... even if he returns 50% of his goals ratio you can't argue with that. Considering what we have spent on Mylo and Yates which to this point has been a total waste of money

I genuinely loved the season under Potter.
I thought we were getting back to that under Martin and it was under his tenure that my little boy fell in love with the swans so I’m in the pro-Martin camp. I hated Cooper despite 2 seasons in the play offs.
The Premier League years seem more and more like a dream. I watch highlights of games and even though I was there, it doesn’t seem real.
I get what you’re saying about it being a chore though Smurph. Underperformance shouldn’t be a recurring theme. The crowds and atmosphere are a reflection of that.
I do think we’ve got the right man at the helm now and from what I’ve heard, so do the players.
What have the players said about him?

Last season wasn't fun, but it was nowhere near as bad as Martin's last season.

I don't recall us going the best part of six months with only one win against eleven men whilst the sane half of the fanbase screamed at the idiot in charge to stop messing around and pick his best players and system.
Count everything though, with 3 managers, a whole bunch of players signed who we then look to get rid of as soon as we can. In terms of running the club and his main decisions, he’s been crap.

Count everything though, with 3 managers, a whole bunch of players signed who we then look to get rid of as soon as we can. In terms of running the club and his main decisions, he’s been crap.
I am counting everything. Last season was rubbish. I've been through plenty of those. The season before made me actively consider not renewing my season ticket.

1. So some on here expect you to believe that we turned down the opportunity to sign a striker for a very affordable £750k because our head coach, who managed him before and thinks the sun shines out of his arse, suddenly decided no, he won't make the step up and I'm not interested, let's look elsewhere.

2. And definitely not the reason we didn't sign him, is because said head coach works for a clueless bunch of interfering bastards, who have a long rap sheet for overruling the football department, thinking they know best, and time and again being proved utterly and hopelessly wrong.

Keep drinking the Kool Aid if you honestly believe it's option 1.

1. So some on here expect you to believe that we turned down the opportunity to sign a striker for a very affordable £750k because our head coach, who managed him before and thinks the sun shines out of his arse, suddenly decided no, he won't make the step up and I'm not interested, let's look elsewhere.

2. And definitely not the reason we didn't sign him, is because said head coach works for a clueless bunch of interfering bastards, who have a long rap sheet for overruling the football department, thinking they know best, and time and again being proved utterly and hopelessly wrong.

Signing for Millwall isn't exactly a ringing endorsement for the lad.

I think it's entirely plausible (and very possible) that Williams in fact didn't think he could make the step up given he's worked with him previously.

Welcome back conspiracy theorist

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back