• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Langstaff To Millwall ...

No way would I want to go back to losing to teams like Torquay and put that above us finishing top 10 in the champ.
Going down to Torquay and losing 2-0 with Rodney Jack running the show and leaving us 23rd in the lowest league...... Luckily Molby turned it around that season and got done by the Frain free kick.

Utter nonsense, I would certainly we were a middling club in the 2nd tier than being the same in the lowest 2 leagues.
You've changed your tune I seem to remember you posting that fans shoukd remember where we came from and lower expectations when you were supporting Martin.

Exactly just like if Luke wasn't connected to Langstaff
Paying close to one million for a 27 year old lower league striker and our fans would be in uproar if it wasn't for his connection to the manager.

Fact that only Millwall seemed ready to pay that fee for him tells you all you need to know.

I think it's entirely plausible (and very possible) that Williams in fact didn't think he could make the step up given he's worked with him previously.

Welcome back conspiracy theorist
Sure, it's possible. But he's been linked with us in two transfer windows and there are countless interviews with Williams signing his praises. I'd say it's more likely than not that Williams would have had him here given the chance, especially at that price. But something somewhere has stopped that happening.

I don't think it's a "conspiracy theory" to say our owners have a track record of interference. There's 8 years' worth of strong evidence on that front.

Sure, it's possible. But he's been linked with us in two transfer windows and there are countless interviews with Williams signing his praises. I'd say it's more likely than not that Williams would have had him here given the chance, especially at that price. But something somewhere has stopped that happening.

I don't think it's a "conspiracy theory" to say our owners have a track record of interference. There's 8 years' worth of strong evidence on that front.
Tenuous links at best.

You've changed your tune I seem to remember you posting that fans shoukd remember where we came from and lower expectations when you were supporting Martin.
Certainly still the case, expectancy needs to be controlled but the fact is most of us would never want to return to it.
Mid table in the championship is certainly a fantastic place to be.

I can see you haven't changed much.....still a bit twp.

What is kool aid and what is the significance?
The funny thing, Kool Aid is not the drink used in the Jonestown massacre when over 900 followers of the cult leader Jim Jones took their own life with a soft drink laced with poison on .his instruction. The drink used was Flavor Aid a cheaper copy..

To drink the Kool Aid means blindly follow.

Certainly still the case, expectancy needs to be controlled but the fact is most of us would never want to return to it.
Mid table in the championship is certainly a fantastic place to be.

I can see you haven't changed much.....still a bit twp.
Personal slurs ......and name calling ....that's abuse....

Apart from his interview after joining us I don't see many articles or references on line where Williams states he wants Langstaff here....In January he stated he would Luke to see Langstaff remain with County so they could get promotion but did say he would like to work with him in the future.
Why is he linked purely down to the connection with Luke..and that's itreally
But maybe LW hasn't the confidence Langstaff could be such a success at this level ...maybe he is wary after the Fisher and Darling episode under Martin ....must have players who he knew who didn't initially make the step up and that was just one division.
And I'm not saying the owners don't have a history especially when lumbering Cooper with two crocked Yanks when he needed a something a little special to help us over the line but it does suit you and the atiowners to have this narrative

Apart from his interview after joining us I don't see many articles or references on line where Williams states he wants Langstaff here....In January he stated he would Luke to see Langstaff remain with County so they could get promotion but did say he would like to work with him in the future.
Why is he linked purely down to the connection with Luke..and that's itreally
But maybe LW hasn't the confidence Langstaff could be such a success at this level ...maybe he is wary after the Fisher and Darling episode under Martin ....must have players who he knew who didn't initially make the step up and that was just one division.
And I'm not saying the owners don't have a history especially when lumbering Cooper with two crocked Yanks when he needed a something a little special to help us over the line but it does suit you and the atiowners to have this narrative
It doesn't suit me at all.

What would suit me down to the ground is for the club to fully and unequivocally support a manager with players he truly wants, for the first time since they took over.

Anyway, I guess only time will tell. We'll soon know by the vibe coming off Williams the closer we get to the start of the season. Potter, Cooper and Martin made little attempt to hide their disappointment once the owners started playing silly buggers, I doubt he'll be any different if that's the case.

It doesn't suit me at all.

What would suit me down to the ground is for the club to fully and unequivocally support a manager with players he truly wants, for the first time since they took over.

Anyway, I guess only time will tell. We'll soon know by the vibe coming off Williams the closer we get to the start of the season. Potter, Cooper and Martin made little attempt to hide their disappointment once the owners started playing silly buggers, I doubt he'll be any different if that's the case.
Perhaps they are and he didn't want Langstaff.

Perhaps they are and he didn't want Langstaff.
Williams would have been up for Langstaff but ultimately 700k on a 27yr old who would have been atleast 30 come the end of his contract with no re sale value.
I get it.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back