• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Lineker

Libertarian said:
Didn’t they? 😂

Voiceover fella on BBC said 'we apologise for the change in MOTD coverage tonight' and Trent Alexander Arnold was on the screen taking a corner 3 seconds later.

Some of that was the BBC having a tantrum. There was no reason not to have commentary.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11848957/Gary-Lineker-knows-hes-wrong-wont-apologise-Match-Day-starts.html

I see the Daily Mail still resides in a parallel universe. Apparently Match of the Day is usually “two to three hours long” and Andrew Partridge, sorry I meant Castle, is now some kind of political commentator.

exiledclaseboy said:
Some of that was the BBC having a tantrum. There was no reason not to have commentary.

They didn’t have the rights to use the world PL commentary feed so couldn’t have commentary once their commentators pulled out.

There will doubtless be a string of right wing nut jobs who have never watched a football match in their lives saying how good it was. It wasn’t.

On a brighter note, the Dusty Springfield night on BBC2 is tremendous.

The Tory boys in the BBC, not that they are biased mind :)

https://twitter.com/DonFbpe/status/1634828061177786370?s=20

We live in one of the shittest ‘stable’ countries in the world now, don’t we? Goebbels would be proud of this lot and Orwell would be nodding sagely (don’t believe your ears and eyes…).

"Remember, it didn’t start with gas chambers. It started with politicians dividing the people with ‘us vs. them.’ It started with intolerance and hate speech, and when people stopped caring, became desensitized, and turned a blind eye, it became a slippery slope to genocide".

Prescient.

Some people are really showing themselves to be what they are over this. Stinking backstabbing worms. The exact types that would not back their colleagues up when things go tits up. No principles, no backbone, no morals. The worst of the very worst :roll:

Ych y fi.

exiledclaseboy said:
"Remember, it didn’t start with gas chambers. It started with politicians dividing the people with ‘us vs. them.’ It started with intolerance and hate speech, and when people stopped caring, became desensitized, and turned a blind eye, it became a slippery slope to genocide".

Prescient.

We’re already on the slope. I would hate to imagine what the true number of people in this country would accept a ‘final solution’ , if they didn’t have to be complicit, on immigrants, illegal or otherwise, or even people with different colour skin (and I’m not specifying here) if you could see into their real thoughts rather than the ones they purport to have.

I'm wondering if all those taking a stand with Lineker will slowly disappear from the BBC screens as their contracts run out. I'm assuming, rightly or wrongly, they will.

JustJack said:
Voiceover fella on BBC said 'we apologise for the change in MOTD coverage tonight' and Trent Alexander Arnold was on the screen taking a corner 3 seconds later.

TAA taking a corner was the first thing I saw too so just assumed I'd missed a bit! It was weird though with crowd noise but no commentary and reminded me a bit of some of the lockdown fixtures when there was a sort of commentary but no crowd.

Sunak refuses to back Richard
Sharp. Can he do us all a favour and end the Johnson clown show

exiledclaseboy said:
Lineker reinstated. Full retreat from the BBC. What a mess.

Mess or not it’s good to see grown ups getting together and sorting out their issues.
(unlike some posters on here)

Tell you what mind when you listen to the Radio Wales phone-in you can understand why people think the Welsh are thick.

Last caller ….. “Gary Lineker is too big for his boots I’ve got a photo of him parked on double yellow lines to get a cup of coffee.” :lol:

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back