• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Lineker

exiledclaseboy said:
Lineker reinstated. Full retreat from the BBC. What a mess.

Not so sure

'Will adhere to all social media guidelines until an independent review is complete'

When and how that review is completed is anyone's guess

JustJack said:
Not so sure

'Will adhere to all social media guidelines until an independent review is complete'

When and how that review is completed is anyone's guess

I thought the point was that political impartiality only applies to those employees working in the political environment, such as Andrew Neal, Laura Kuenssberg, Fiona Bruce, Alan Sugar (who have all been guilty of breaching impartiality rules without redress) and not employees who work in sports. So, if GL was not in breach of impartiality rules as they don't apply to him, presumably he can continue to be outspoken until the review is complete because he will be adhering to the existing guidelines until new ones are in place?

The first time I heard of this issue was when it was headline news on the tele .

As someone who has no interest in social media facebook , twitter , the subject would have gone over my head and I would be none the wiser , still got no interest in this spat , OTT coverage in the extreme .

Strikes , Cost of Living , fuel and energy prices , war in Ukraine and lying politicians surely are more worthy topics than an ex - footballer waffling on .

He always had a job to fall back on though ,if the worse happened , selling crisps door to door .

Robbie said:
The first time I heard of this issue was when it was headline news on the tele .

As someone who has no interest in social media facebook , twitter , the subject would have gone over my head and I would be none the wiser , still got no interest in this spat , OTT coverage in the extreme .

Strikes , Cost of Living , fuel and energy prices , war in Ukraine and lying politicians surely are more worthy topics than an ex - footballer waffling on .

He always had a job to fall back on though ,if the worse happened , selling crisps door to door .

You just posted that on social media 🤣

And if the worst happened he’d just double his money by going to Sky or BT. And the massive unfair dismissal payout he would have had. Win, win, win as they say in Upper Killay.

Robbie said:

All the furore and fallout surrounding the head witch's illegal Illegal Migration Bill is just smoke and mirrors diversion tactics by the government to ensure that the fact that they are not doing anything whatsoever about more important issues is kept out of the press and and away from the public consciousness now that the one thing that Sunak has actually achieved has been and gone - The Northern Ireland Protocol. They know the bill is illegal, they know it won't work but the pretence that they are trying to solve the immigration situation is more red meat to the gammons, satisfies the far right and keeps their wider fanbase happy. A well known figure like Lineker having a dig at the head witch keeps those tactics alive and gives their representatives more opportunities to talk utter bollocks on TV and radio.

People thought Gary Lineker was black? :lol:

https://twitter.com/ifltv/status/1635714796124241926?s=46&t=MvkskL2aD50cPzmn712rkQ

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back