• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Luke Williams come and get me plea?

No guarantee that he plays the exact same way as Martin but get your point

Swansea93 said:
It’s a f*****g circus though, they get rid of Martin because they want a different approach so pay to hire Duff only to sack him a few months later, then go back to Williams who was Martins 2nd in charge for 6 months here to pay 600K for him, absolute chancers the lot of them.

Not only was he Martin's second, but its Williams who came up with the strategy and tactical ideas behind Martin's philosophy. Its going to be the closest thing to Martin any appointment could bring us, without it being the man himself of course.

SwansInTheLake said:
Not only was he Martin's second, but its Williams who came up with the strategy and tactical ideas behind Martin's philosophy. Its going to be the closest thing to Martin any appointment could bring us, without it being the man himself of course.

Perhaps he’ll wear a Russell Martin mask.

Why did he leave us in the first place? I’m sure people said family reasons, but last week he said he lived here? Did he fall out with Russell In the end then? Who knows.

Dewi1jack said:
The Tapas waiter- never managed and look at our football under him. Was playing at Chester if I remember correctly after being booted out of the clooooub
Rodgers- sacked at Reading after around 6 months and look at our football under him
Yet there are people on here who said "why are we going for them?" just like they're doing now with any names linked.

I think the difference between then and now is that then we were run by people who had some understanding of the world of football in this country and how its machinery has always worked and developed. Even though the majority of them were still pretty new to actually running a club, they had grown up with football since they were kids and understood about things like a playing philosophy and what characteristics were likely to make a decent manager or at least the sort of manager they wanted. Our current owners know absolutely nothing of the world of football and how it has developed over more than a century. They are successful businessmen who mistakenly and arrogantly believe that being a successful moneyman is the only qualification needed to make a football club successful. There are no football people running our club anymore so they make mistake after mistake after mistake but will not accept that they are all fish out of water who need to get back to their own pond instead of poisoning this one.

karnataka said:
I think the difference between then and now is that then we were run by people who had some understanding of the world of football in this country and how its machinery has always worked and developed. Even though the majority of them were still pretty new to actually running a club, they had grown up with football since they were kids and understood about things like a playing philosophy and what characteristics were likely to make a decent manager or at least the sort of manager they wanted. Our current owners know absolutely nothing of the world of football and how it has developed over more than a century. They are successful businessmen who mistakenly and arrogantly believe that being a successful moneyman is the only qualification needed to make a football club successful. There are no football people running our club anymore so they make mistake after mistake after mistake but will not accept that they are all fish out of water who need to get back to their own pond instead of poisoning this one.

Superb post !

eteb said:
Hmmmm, not sure how I feel

I saw a video clip a while back, maybe it was even on here, of a Notts County game from earlier on in the season. They were getting picked off in exactly the same way as we were under Martin; more attackers than defenders in the picture, and the defenders that were visible were massively out of position. I sincerely hope that this doesn’t turn out to be ‘Martin lite’. Anyway, let’s see, get him through the door first, then give him my backing and take it from there.

Cooperman said:
I saw a video clip a while back, maybe it was even on here, of a Notts County game from earlier on in the season. They were getting picked off in exactly the same way as we were under Martin; more attackers than defenders in the picture, and the defenders that were visible were massively out of position. I sincerely hope that this doesn’t turn out to be ‘Martin lite’. Anyway, let’s see, get him through the door first, then give him my backing and take it from there.

Being fair(again), he certainly will play a certain way but he can back it up by promotion from the conference and being up the top in league 2(currently 5th).
There was always an argument from the start with Martin that he only ever had MK Dons around mid table at best and it was mainly down to a certain style of play that would never bring more than those finishes in the table........Williams if he were to come would play virtually the same style with a promotion and current top 5 placing to boot.

Cooperman said:

This bit of "defending" was on Reddit a few weeks back: https://www.reddit.com/r/soccer/comments/18904x4/last_night_notts_county_lost_32_against/

karnataka said:

Nailed it.

Perhaps the worst thing of all is they make no attempt to cover their knowledge gap. They somehow stumbled upon Birch and Winter for a while, both at least had a vague idea of how football works, but now we have the Grinning Gimp, ostensibly a used car salesman running the show.

Mess.

Andrew - North Hill said:
Nailed it.

Perhaps the worst thing of all is they make no attempt to cover their knowledge gap. They somehow stumbled upon Birch and Winter for a while, both at least had a vague idea of how football works, but now we have the Grinning Gimp, ostensibly a used car salesman running the show.

Mess.

They're probably not even aware that there is a knowledge gap. Perfect example of the Dunning-Kruger effect.

karnataka said:
They're probably not even aware that there is a knowledge gap. Perfect example of the Dunning-Kruger effect.

More like Krueger. That was a nightmare as well.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back