• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Martin – “I don’t think there is a gap for Joe Allen”

swansnews

Administrator
Reaction score
Russell Martin has played down the chances of the Swans signing Stoke City midfielder Joe Allen by stating that he does not think there is currently a gap in the squad for their former midfielder. It is easy to see where Martin is coming from with midfield being one of the positions in the team […]

Read more

The gap does equate to currently lack of money. We do have a gap in the squad for his type of player but limited funds will be used elsewhere. We may have options with midfield players but none currently give us what he can.

Nocountryforoldjack said:
Which translates to... We are skint and we cannot afford him.

Translates to me:

We need to sell Downes and he will be the replacement, but it's highly unlikely he will wait around for that to happen so will play elsewhere.

God forbid Russ. Surely you can convert him to centre half or wingback.

So, money then. Not surprised to be honest, you can't blame Allen for taking one last payday.

Risc said:
Which translates to... We are skint and we cannot afford him.

Translates to me:

We need to sell Downes and he will be the replacement, but it's highly unlikely he will wait around for that to happen so will play elsewhere.

Is he an upgrade on Downes?

Risc said:
Translates to me:

Is he an upgrade on Downes?

Not at this stage I’d doubt but Downes is a significant sale the club would need to balance books.

But there is no resale value in Allen either so can’t see owners signing it off regardless.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back