• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Martin hopes Huddersfield performance will encourage owners to spend

What's the odds of Dwight Yorke / AndyCole returning on here same day with the moniker Wayne Rooney / Rudd van Nistelrooy / Romelu Lukaku or probably all three?

Give it a rest with your big talk. It's tiresome as fack! Part of me wants Man Yoo to get their act together, so you don't have to come on here to spread a little misery, because your first love is making you miserable as they aren't delivering the titles you reckon you're entitled to.

Manager (of any club) wants the owner (of any club) to spend money - why is this newsworthy?

And what the heck is happening with Derby? Could they actually escape or is Rooney playing a cruel trick on them by getting their hopes up?

Chief said:
I just hope the finances are alright.

I can't see us getting any transfer fees for Fulton, Dhanda and it looks like Bidwell is going for nothing. I understand Martin wanting players and he's within his rights to ask but we're already minus 400k.
Its a worry for me. Seems a bit of a rift developing between Martin and the Yanks. I expect something similar happened with Cooper and might have even influenced Potter walking.
Whereas they don't look like they are stealing the family silver, there is no doubt they have little interest in actually investing cash in the team.
Sadly I think this is stifling our progress.

Well I'm not the Americans biggest fans, but credit where it's due they did loan the club money in the wake of the Covid crisis (although it's worth their while - interest / shares etc, not a philanthropic gesture that some make out &not yet investment either).

But there's a fine line between loaning the club money (debt) to keep the lights on&save jobs and loaning the club money to gamble on buying players. I hope we aren't going too much that way.

Can't see much advantage in spending any money now
The owners will wait until next season to NOT spend any money

I’ll say it again… only 2 other clubs in the championship spent more than us in the Summer. Especially post Covid and parachute money.

The theory of the Americans not spending is a myth.

In fact, one of their biggest flaws was spending TOO MUCH on average players in the 2 seasons leading to relegation.

The money spent on players is some of the money received from player sales and other payments , the one time they really needed to buy a few players , last January might have got us promotion , automatic , they did nothing

They took over the club promising to take us to the next level, people thought they had the financial resources to do that , they don't , they don't seem to know what they are doing and I don't know why they bought the club in the first place

They admit making mistakes… but I think recently they’ve managed us well. Invested when appropriate - when money is available, but not willing to gamble our future to become a Derby, Reading or Sheff Wed.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back