• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Martin Morgan Anyone ?

STID2017

Tommy Hutchison
Reaction score
Some suggestions by a couple of posters on "another forum" that Martin Morgan could be the new sheriff in town sooner rather than later ?
I know this has been mooted before and I know it would not be well received ( to say the least ) by most fans, but the hatred everyone felt for the Yanks failed to lead to anything.
Would it be the same with MM eventually?
Especially if he brought more successful times back to the Liberty?
Before giving me personal pelters , I am not advocating this as the way forward, merely asking the question

STID2017 said:
Some suggestions by a couple of posters on "another forum" that Martin Morgan could be the new sheriff in town sooner rather than later ?
I know this has been mooted before and I know it would not be well received ( to say the least ) by most fans, but the hatred everyone felt for the Yanks failed to lead to anything.
Before giving me personal pelters , I am not advocating this as the way forward, merely asking the question

Has he got enough money to buy the Yanks out then?
I’d have said no myself.

Darran said:
STID2017 said:

I’d have said no myself.

His boy is flying with that vodka business, not sure if it has the money to run a pro sports club though. Doubt it .

Risc said:
Darran said:
I’d have said no myself.

His boy is flying with that vodka business, not sure if it has the money to run a pro sports club though. Doubt it .

A joint venture could be possible I suppose.

Darran said:
STID2017 said:

I’d have said no myself.
No idea
It seems to me that the value of Swans is depreciating each season.
I am not convinced the Yanks will ever get anywhere near their money back, let alone make money.
Could be they are ready to take "ONO" to sell, or else MM (and whoever else locally may be itching to get their feet under the table) are buying in to become part of the Yank's master plan (assuming they have one !)
Maybe the second scenario is more likely then ?

I wouldn't bet against Silverstein staying around in the longer term. Perhaps in partnership with a Morgan.

Think if someone made Kaplan a reasonable offer he'd sell up.

Do you think he'd have Gonzo back as DoF again, if he took over?

Chief said:
I don't see why the Americans are going to sell at a cut price?

Only if they regard Swansea City as a lost cause and decide to cut their losses.

Chief said:

I am (IMHO) the most optimistic of fans, yet I cannot see us reaching the PL anytime soon.
Is this possibly the only way the value of the club will increase ?
Otherwise as far as i can see the value will only depreciate, surely ?
Therefore eventually (if they can find a buyer) the Yanks will surely have to sell at way below what they paid when they took over ?
They can keep treading water, selling players at a profit then replacing them with the next young (or in Pato's case not so young) hope, but what benefit as money men is in that for them ?
I don't have any answers, just raises more questions I guess

Or just keep what they're doing and keep it ticking over to no further financial detriment to themselves? And just hope we can strike lucky or be savvy and go back up at some point? Conversion dependent.

If Morgan saw an opportunity to buy the club back for 10 million I think he would , fan ownership or a billionaire who likes to spend are the best outcomes , Swansea is a backwater so the latter probably won't happen , the yanks could be around for a long time yet

Best_loser said:
If Morgan saw an opportunity to buy the club back for 10 million I think he would , fan ownership or a billionaire who likes to spend are the best outcomes , Swansea is a backwater so the latter probably won't happen , the yanks could be around for a long time yet

I think we are talking about a lot more than £10million though.

J_B said:
Chief said:

Only if they regard Swansea City as a lost cause and decide to cut their losses.

We have alot more chance of ending up in league one rather than ending up in the Premier League. It hasn't been a great investment for them, wouldn't surprise me if they cut their losses.

Darran said:
Best_loser said:

I think we are talking about a lot more than £10million though.

The 10 million scenario would happen in a lower division and the yanks having had a guts full

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back