• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Martin Morgan Anyone ?

I reckon half of Swansea has heard the rumours that Morgan is planning to make a run at the club. That's not exactly an exclusive ...

What I wonder is how much of that is bundled in with the stadium sponsorship, which came absolutely out of nowhere, and whether he's in partnership with anyone else. Cos, if I was a betting man, and I'm not, that'd be where I'd be having a cheeky wager.

Speaking of which, I just put on my hazmat suit and ventured onto that other site. They seem shocked to learn Martin Morgan is once again a director of Swansea City 2002.

They're going to lose their shit when a) they realise he never wasn't (having retained 5% of his stake, even though he sold majority voting rights) and b) they're really going to lose their shit when they realise that Huw Jenkins is still a director, because he kept a portion of his stake too ...

https://www.swanseacity.com/club/swansea-city-contact-list

DIRECTORS

Jason Levien

Julian Winter

Jake Silverstein

Sam Porter

Huw Jenkins

Martin Morgan

Terry Sinnett (supporters director)

Romie Chaudhari

Bobby Hernreich

Gareth Davies

Associate Directors - David Morgan and Sian Davies

Swansea93 said:
How much is the club even worth these days 25/30M?

Crucially it’s worth whatever valuation is put on it by those buying and selling shares…

Darran said:
Uxy said:
Speaking of which, I just put on my hazmat suit and ventured onto that other site. They seem shocked to learn Martin Morgan is once again a director of Swansea City 2002.

They're going to lose their s**t when a) they realise he never wasn't (having retained 5% of his stake, even though he sold majority voting rights) and b) they're really going to lose their s**t when they realise that Huw Jenkins is still a director, because he kept a portion of his stake too ...

Some people like to make shít up and sensationalise things.

It'll be interesting to see how Huw and Morgan play it when the dilution happens. Will they aim to maintain the level of their stake? Or just allow it to be diluted?

It's clear now that Silverstein is the head honcho in town, could the idiot bros Levien and what's his face be on their way out of dodge? Could Jenks and Morgan be on their way back to an increased stake? I doubt it myself, I can only see it happening if we fall out of this division.

Jacket said:
Darran said:

It'll be interesting to see how Huw and Morgan play it when the dilution happens. Will they aim to maintain the level of their stake? Or just allow it to be diluted?

It's clear now that Silverstein is the head honcho in town, could the idiot bros Levien and what's his face be on their way out of dodge? Could Jenks and Morgan be on their way back to an increased stake? I doubt it myself, I can only see it happening if we fall out of this division.

MM and HJ are parties to the 2016 shareholders agreement as filed online at companies house The only party that can be diluted against its will is the Trust as it doesn’t have protections under that agreement.

I assume (question for tonight) that they will have pre emption rights under the new agreement.

They’d better have quite a lot of rights to be honest under the new agreement otherwise it will be a waste of paper. Veto over the agreement and articles changing again with a special resolution just one that springs to mind…

Uxy said:

They're going to lose their s**t when a) they realise he never wasn't (having retained 5% of his stake, even though he sold majority voting rights) and b) they're really going to lose their s**t when they realise that Huw Jenkins is still a director, because he kept a portion of his stake too ...

It's been there in black and white all season if people had been bothered to look hard enough :lol:

View attachment Screenshot_20220217-153732_Swansea.jpg

Swanjaxs said:
Uxy said:

It's been there in black and white all season if people had been bothered to look hard enough :lol:

Screenshot_20220217-153732_Swansea.jpg

Ha, quite right.

Actually that reminds me of something I read in the statement that interested me. It talked about changing/removing the Associate Director role into some sort of observer role. As I understand it, the AD role doesn't have much basis in law, but it would seem to be a downgrade of sorts.

Uxy said:
Swanjaxs said:

Screenshot_20220217-153732_Swansea.jpg

Ha, quite right.

Actually that reminds me of something I read in the statement that interested me. It talked about changing/removing the Associate Director role into some sort of observer role. As I understand it, the AD role doesn't have much basis in law, but it would seem to be a downgrade of sorts.

Haha only just spotted Tenko as AD 😂👍

Uxy said:
Darran said:

To be honest, it just seems like they haven't been paying attention to anything that's been happening.

I was the under the impression that neither Morgan and Jenkins were directors anymore just shareholders? And we know there's non shareholders on the trust board so it's not a pre requisite.

Sure someone involved in the trust said on here that huw hadn't attended any shareholders calls/meetings since he left his post as chairman but that Morgan diligently attended every one. But I was under the impression that these were shareholders meetings and not board meetings?

Chief said:
Uxy said:
To be honest, it just seems like they haven't been paying attention to anything that's been happening.

I was the under the impression that neither Morgan and Jenkins were directors anymore just shareholders? And we know there's non shareholders on the trust board so it's not a pre requisite.

Sure someone involved in the trust said on here that huw hadn't attended any shareholders calls/meetings since he left his post as chairman but that Morgan diligently attended every one. But I was under the impression that these were shareholders meetings and not board meetings?

It's not a pre-requisite to be a shareholder in order to be a director. In fact the club currently has a fair few in that camp, include Silverstein.

However both MM and HJ have a 5% stake which gave them the right to a director. That's been the case all along.

Not sure what meetings you're referring to to be honest, but the only ones I'm aware of are board meetings. MM has turned up to them, but HJ hasn't since his departure from the chair.

Ah right ok. They're directors by name only then really by dint of still having a shareholding.

Chief said:
Ah right ok. They're directors by name only then really by dint of still having a shareholding.

Directors in the same way as anyone else really. Equal rights and duties in that regard. Saying that, the majority owners can effectively do what they want ...

Uxy said:
Chief said:

Directors in the same way as anyone else really. Equal rights and duties in that regard. Saying that, the majority owners can effectively do what they want ...

And those two sold their voting rights too

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back