• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Martin Out

Tbh, I think he lost the plot playing Downes CB. He definitely needs time to bring in players to suit his style of football. The transfer window can't come quick enough.

People keep saying he doesn't have the players to play this system, then why the flying f*ck is he persisting with it? Surely he's got to play to whatever our strengths are with the current squad?

I don't want him out by any means, but I'm with Sham on this, especially when it comes to people slagging Cooper off and praising Martin. I want to win, I don't want to win the passing stats and still get humped. Sport is about winning for me.

Captain_Sham said:
Jinxy said:
I think it's about intent. Cooper had a strategy from the start, despite promising presentations, words etc.. RM has a clear vision which seems to fit with how the club and most fans want us to play. We'll get there, but it'll take time and at least one transfer window (and backing of course).

Would you prefer Cooper in charge, seriously? I, for one, certainly wouldn't.
Would I prefer Cooper to the shyt we are watching right now? Abso-fking-lutely. I am on record( a broken one) - I like it when we win. I dont like it when we lose.
Play off final a distant memory ?
Or is my mind playing tricks and we won it with dazzling football and all those shots on target and a passionate manager ?
Oh no - confusing us with Brentford
Cooper may have outdone us yesterday in the second half, but he is a horrible manager who will be found out and shown the door by Forest in the long run when his luck and tactical onus runs out.
I would rather a season of mid season under RM, who is still learning, than one more match under Cooper after what happened at Wembley

sainthelens said:
Cool heads needed here. I can see what he's trying/wanting to do, thing is we don't have the players capable of doing it. Keeping the ball until the opposition is fcked like at Barnsley looks great...but obviously wont always work cis our players simply arnt good enough to do it every game. As mentioned, he needs a cou6of transfer windows and a few quid made available till proper judgement is made. We won't go down this year, so as gutted and as pssd off as I am at yesterday, I'm trying to see the bigger picture.
This.

As also said above, one of those chances goes in in the 1st half, and they were pretty much clear cut, and the whole game changes. It's how most games play out, the outcome often depends on a piece of good or bad luck, skill, or lack of etc..

Jinxy said:
sainthelens said:
Cool heads needed here. I can see what he's trying/wanting to do, thing is we don't have the players capable of doing it. Keeping the ball until the opposition is fcked like at Barnsley looks great...but obviously wont always work cis our players simply arnt good enough to do it every game. As mentioned, he needs a cou6of transfer windows and a few quid made available till proper judgement is made. We won't go down this year, so as gutted and as pssd off as I am at yesterday, I'm trying to see the bigger picture.
This.

As also said above, one of those chances goes in in the 1st half, and they were pretty much clear cut, and the whole game changes. It's how most games play out, the outcome often depends on a piece of good or bad luck, skill, or lack of etc..

We were crap yesterday an Forest were good value for a win, but at 1-2 before Hamer decided the game, us turning it around would have been well worth a punt. Momentum changes games.

monmouth said:
Jinxy said:
This.

We were crap yesterday an Forest were good value for a win, but at 1-2 before Hamer decided the game, us turning it around would have been well worth a punt. Momentum changes games.
Far worse in the 2nd half of course Mon. We were simply punished for wasting 2 clear cut chances, which came from good possession and passing. We gave them belief that it was their day, and it certainly was.

STID2017 said:
Captain_Sham said:
Would I prefer Cooper to the shyt we are watching right now? Abso-fking-lutely. I am on record( a broken one) - I like it when we win. I dont like it when we lose.
Or is my mind playing tricks and we won it with dazzling football and all those shots on target and a passionate manager ?
Cooper may have outdone us yesterday in the second half, but he is a horrible manager who will be found out and shown the door by Forest in the long run when his luck and tactical onus runs out.
I would rather a season of mid season under RM, who is still learning, than one more match under Cooper after what happened at Wembley

He asked me question and I answered it. Keep your misguided opinions to yourself I couldn't give a fk what you think. I was sure I had you on ignore. Not to worry. Fixed that.

STID2017 said:
Captain_Sham said:

What do you mean by "he is a horrible manager"? I assume you are referring to some of the tactical approaches that he employed during his time at Swansea. It's ultimately a results driven business and whilst many of us got frustrated at turgid 0-0 draws at home, he did get us into the play-off's for two consecutive seasons. I am only left to wonder what could have happened had we splashed out on a bona fide striker when we needed it. The fanfare around Martin and the return to 'Swansalona' is going to wear off pretty quickly if we keep serving up gifts like the ones on show yesterday. Our Russ needs to get his drawing board back out, and pronto.

stop biting at this minge, it's clear he's a dirty rat bluebird. Focus on ur relegaiton battle pal, worst defence in the league ini?

eteb said:
stop biting at this minge, it's clear he's a dirty rat bluebird. Focus on ur relegaiton battle pal, worst defence in the league ini?

Not sure about being a bluey, but he’s definitely a minge. This board can snuff them out easily enough and if everyone ignores him he will eventually go away.

Our football is boring. Keeping possession in your own half with 4000 passes isn’t good football.

Modern teams press and play quick back-to-front football in seconds. The ‘barca tiki taka’ style went out of fashion around 4-5 years ago. Martin is clueless.

Roger said:
Our football is boring. Keeping possession in your own half with 4000 passes isn’t good football.

Modern teams press and play quick back-to-front football in seconds. The ‘barca tiki taka’ style went out of fashion around 4-5 years ago. Martin is clueless.
Tell that to pep

In my drunken depressed state yesterday I made a stupid comment about sticking their season ticket ..

Didn't actually mean it can't wait for QPR away and as someone said earlier on the thread, I am far happier watching us lose with Martin than watch the tripe we played under Cooper.

Give Martin a few transfer windows and we can become quite a good team, hopefully we get is ex Keeper for a start.

Geoff thom said:
Roger said:

Tell that to pep

Pep’s evolved his tactics. Man City don’t play tiki taka. They play attacking, quick football. We pass it sideways for 90 mins and think we’re Barcelona.

Captain_Sham said:
STID2017 said:

He asked me question and I answered it. Keep your misguided opinions to yourself I couldn't give a fk what you think. I was sure I had you on ignore. Not to worry. Fixed that.
Strange. Thought this was a forum where posters are allowed to voice their opinions ( and obviously risk having others disagree with them )
Shame you don't agree with that principle. As a long time poster I would have thought you would have understood and accepted that as being part and parcel of taking part in open forums.
Perhaps you should go and post on the NFFC forum where they currently have a Cooper mutual admiration society.
Although I think you will find they work on the same principle.
As for Cooper, IMHO I am glad he went. My only grumble is that he should have gone on the day we lost to Brentford without a fight

Swansea City v Stoke City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back