• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Martin says he wishes he’d made more changes with more to come

A4Jack

Staff member
Reaction score
Russell Martin says he wished he’d been able to make further changes to the personnel at Swansea since arriving and expects somewhat of an overhaul come the summer. The Swans boss has made a number of signings since arriving but says that some of his squad have struggled with the transition to the...

Read more

I don’t know how many people remember the utter pearlers John Hollins used to come out with but this guy is taking it to the next level.
There were seven new players in the starting line-up on Saturday and he’s talking shyte.

Darran said:
I don’t know how many people remember the utter pearlers John Hollins used to come out with but this guy is taking it to the next level.
There were seven new players in the starting line-up on Saturday and he’s talking shyte.

We forget what Martinez inherited, players like Dennis Lawrence, Kevin Austin, Ian Cranley, Kevin Amankwaah etc. You never heard him say this stuff

A4Jack said:
Darran said:

We forget what Martin inherited, players like Dennis Lawrence, Kevin Austin, Ian Cranley, Kevin Amankwaah etc. You never heard him say this stuff

People shouldn’t have to listen to this bullshìt.
If we aren’t better than a 4-0 drubbing at Sheffield United with seven new players in the starting line-up after the guy has been here since last august there’s something seriously wrong.

Oh, and his major non-emergency signing, Fisher, looks unsuited to any kind of football.

It's really getting on my pip that he takes us for fools, but also that he is acting like the season has ended. I'm on board with giving him a chance to learn, grow and sort things out, but that means tangible improvement before June.

What's this "physical profile" thing he's suddenly started talking about since the Stoke game?

It would be interesting to know what the old guard think of the situation.{Curt, Britts and Trundle) Probably difficult to come out and criticise the manager especially as 2 of them are still on the payroll. Tatey what do you reckon?

CurtessECarr said:
It would be interesting to know what the old guard think of the situation.{Curt, Britts and Trundle) Probably difficult to come out and criticise the manager especially as 2 of them are still on the payroll. Tatey what do you reckon?

Tate is at Forest so will more than likely keep it shut as it doesn't look very professional.

ARQS said:
What's this "physical profile" thing he's suddenly started talking about since the Stoke game?

Not sure but we are seriously unfit compared to the other teams in this division, that's what it looks like to the eye anyway.

Risc said:
ARQS said:

Not sure but we are seriously unfit compared to the other teams in this division, that's what it looks like to the eye anyway.

Although we are typically better in the second half of games so I'm not sure it's as straight forward as that?

:D
ARQS said:
Risc said:

Although we are typically better in the second half of games so I'm not sure it's as straight forward as that?

By then most teams have eased up knowing they don't need to put so much effort in 😀

Seriously though whether it's fitness or not we are not as athletic or physical as the majority teams n this league.

He's basically saying don't judge me on the results between now and the end of the season because new players are going to be coming in.

The reality is however, if results like Saturday's have not been eradicated before the end of the season, that will wear a bit thin. A lot of bollocks has been said on another thread about the team being weaker than teams we had in league two, however I think the players we have should be comfortable in the top half, which has to raise questions about the manager, whatever he says about not getting the signings he needs.

This kind of possession football has been successful in the past, but at the moment we're doing too many things that are making it so easy for opposition managers, too many obvious weaknesses that are so easy to exploit. The manager's inability/refusal to adapt is what's letting us down.

It’s bollocks. He would need De Bruyne, Sterling and the original Jesus to do what he is trying to do. He’s not going to get it.

I personally still think we need to give the bloke a full pre season and see where we are at in October. If we can pick up some good results in March against good opposition then hopefully confidence will come back.

If the board think differently then I hope they have learnt from last summers shambles and have a plan in place.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back