• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Matt Grimes £22,500 pw 😳

Far more concerning than what we're chucking at Grimes is that we're apparently spending £1.75m a year on two past it sicknotes who will spend most of their time on the physio table, and who we could (and should) have quite easily waved ta-ta to in the summer. Ridiculous. The club is a basket case.
Presuming this Naughton and Allen, I think it's fair to say that Allen is a lucky boy to still be here (and a high earner), but Naughton is still a really solid fullback. He's obviously on too high a wage for his role in the squad, but he's still very consistent when he plays - excellent against Norwich - and is hardly a sicknote. Picked up an injury at the end of last season, but played a fair whack otherwise.

It is highly doubtful that Naughton is on £20k a week. It was stated that his last contract extension was driven by the need of having a mentor around the place for some of the younger squad members. We won’t be paying the mentor a wage in line with the first XI ‘stars

22.5k a week going into Grimes bank account is believable given the fact we would have had to replace him like for like in the transfer market Coops
Out of all the figures quoted it’s probably the most accurate.

Football League World is utter bollox mind. It’s full of aspiring student ‘journalists’ with no insight, connections or inside knowledge. They’ve got to start somewhere and there’s nothing wrong with that, but they won’t have a clue what Grimes, Cabango or anyone else is paid.

Having said that, as one of our most important senior players he should be on at least £15k per week, so it won’t be a million miles off. Silly money for kicking a ball about.

Nobody does Jasp, apart from the club's accountants, but Capology have probably got a better insight than you, no offence 👍
They used to quote data I made up (mostly) for the Football Manager games as facts, so you may be wrong there. I'll bet they've never had anyone down Landore listening to a player's dad moan about his boy's last offer either.

They used to quote data I made up (mostly) for the Football Manager games as facts, so you may be wrong there. I'll bet they've never had anyone down Landore listening to a player's dad moan about his boy's last offer either.
So your basically saying your a bit of a shit stirrer then Jasp?
Not a good look in fairness.

Last edited:
There is no way IMO we are paying Grimes anywhere near that figure

Wages and transfer fees have been discussed on forums on and off.
Wages and transfer fees online can really be taken as a pinch of salt.

These sites are mainly done on guesswork, some are done on others recommendations. It's not something I would say that should be taken as gospel.

To be honest I can't see Grimes earning that much, the figure that stands out for me on that list is Cabango on £962pw, most league 1 players would be on that in reality, so yes the amounts being quoted are very much wide of the mark I'd say...

To be honest I can't see Grimes earning that much, the figure that stands out for me on that list is Cabango on £962pw, most league 1 players would be on that in reality, so yes the amounts being quoted are very much wide of the mark I'd say...
Honestly can't see that figure being anywhere near what he's actually on.

Absolute bullshit… if anyone believes we’re paying Jon McLaughlin 10k a week and Cabango is the lowest paid player on the £962 a week, you need your head sorting.

No way is Cabango on 962 a week, lol. Plenty of us on here earn more than that I’m sure!

Swansea City v Bristol City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back