• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

New Wales manager?

I hope Craig does well - I actually don't mind the bloke despite the Cardiff connection.

What I don't get, is Wales appointing someone who has never managed a club before - and that goes for loads of targets that have been mooted down the years (or very limited experience). Henry, Viera, Giggs, etc. I know we're not an attractive proposition as we were 5+ years ago, but we're a decent International team.

I'm sure there are plenty of experienced Championship standard managers who would take the job.
I get where you're coming from, but I suppose from the FAW's point of view, it worked with Hughes, it worked with Speed and was going well with Giggs.

Coaches who have done both club and national coaching jobs often state there is a big difference between the nature and skill set of the 2 jobs, so the lack of club management experience is not a major deal for me. I'm not too bothered that Bellamy lacks managerial experience at club level (although he does have coaching experience).

You would hope that, of those skills that are important for a national manger - and a welsh one at that -Bellamy has ticked enough boxes to get the nod, and that the FAW has learnt lessons from what happened with Page.

I think appointing national managers is even more of a crapshoot than appointing club managers, so we'll have to see how this goes. We've thrown Bellamy at the wall, now we'll see if he sticks.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back