• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

NO GOALS AGAIN

blackflyingswan

Reserve Team Player
Reaction score
How can we not score goals ? it Has been the same outcome for so many games. :eek: :eek:

Absolutely dreadful, 4 home games 1 goal, and what Paterson offers to the side is anyones guess.

blackflyingswan said:
How can we not score goals ? it Has been the same outcome for so many games. :eek: :eek:

Well we could have stuck one of the two open goals. In. That would be a start

I would ask, how can we create more chances? I would answer, trying to would be a start.

More chances created tonight than in 27 games last season!

Badlands said:
More chances created tonight than in 27 games last season!

Astounds me how short some people’s memories are. We’re people seriously happy last year when we’d have 2 shots to the oppositions 20 but somehow snuck a 1-0 win!? Bore off like. If one of those chances hit the back of the net last night people would have been creaming themselves about the performance. Manage your expectations people.

There was very little creativity last night where it mattered.

Four shots on target - two of them direct free kicks of which one I would have said (Walsh) bought a good save out of the keeper, rest was routine.

Passing is good, possession is good but there remains a distinct lack of creativity in this side but that is a problem we have had for several years now (pre-Cooper even)

Too much slow possession not getting it forward quick enough. Failing to get behind the opposition defence often enough. Scoring less than half the goals than under Cooper.
Yet some people think that is an improvement.

PSumbler said:

Four shots on target - two of them direct free kicks of which one I would have said (Walsh) bought a good save out of the keeper, rest was routine.

Passing is good, possession is good but there remains a distinct lack of creativity in this side but that is a problem we have had for several years now (pre-Cooper even)
Probably way out of our price range but I see Gaston Ramirez is still out of contract, he would be a great player for us creativity wise

Why dress it up? It may get better, bloody hope it does, we needed to change tack to try and do something more long term, but currently it’s a pile of old pony. There is very little to commend it. Cooperball was shite but so is our current tripe. We are still much more fun to watch on flash score. We need something different at home. Creating only two or three goal scoring chances every game isn’t going to cut it. That’s not a fitness issue, that’s an intent and style issue. Laudrup was right of course. No point in having the ball if you intend to do nothing with it. Grimes made me scream in frustration. We need to send him to Afghanistan. If anyone can stop the Taliban stone dead it’s him. He kills everything.

So by all means hope it gets better, but we have now had 360 minutes of dreadful boredom at home. The only team that really tried to attack us murdered us, and the others have just been happy to let us have the ball. Martin need to be braver from the outset or we are going to see a lot more of the same.

PSumbler said:

The two off target shots were the key to this game Phil.

monmouth said:
PSumbler said:

The two off target shots were the key to this game Phil.

Agree although I would doubt that anybody could class the Paterson effort as a shot... :lol:

We were too slow in moving the ball forward. It was easy to defend against. The first half was a snoozefest. The second half was slightly better and Obafemi should have scored. With very little creativity in midfield you can see why we are struggling to score goals.

If Ntcham is going to play as a number 10 he’s going to have to play a pass that might lead to a chance sooner or later. He clearly has talent but his passing stats must be very high because he always plays the safe ball. Walsh set Obafemi up within 5 minutes of coming on with an excellent pass and looked a better playmaker straight away.

Historically have we ever been a great goal scoring side?
How often in our 109 years have we had a goal scorer that has got 25+ goals?

Might just be me but I think there's definitely some promise there. All of this would be immaterial if Obafemi buried his sitter. We need to see more from our attacking 3 midfielders going forward. I'm not sure what Patterson and Grimes are bringing atm but it's better than what it was before the international break.

Under Cooper we'd have none of the ball, none of the chances but we'd someone sh*thouse a 1-0 almost every week for two years. Our luck with Cooperball wouldve run out eventually.

Swansea City v Stoke City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back