• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Ntcham to depart? Agreement with Samsunspor

Swansea93 said:
He’s been decent at times but if he doesn’t want to sign a new deal then 3M is a no brainer.

3M! Can't see anyone paying that for him given it's his final 12 months :shock:

Tom Coleman saying this is wide of mark.

bakajack said:
Ntcham has always been an enigma, when he is up for it he can boss a midfield and change a game including goals and assists.
However when he isn't he becomes anonymous and at worst a passenger.

I've said this before but my take on Ntcham is that he's at his best when we're playing a high tempo attacking game (like Cameroon do) and at his worst when we're playing pedestrian, sideways and back, safety first football. Under Martin we saw both and by far his best performances were as a sub when we were chasing a game in the last 20 minutes, which was quite frequent due to our poor defence. When he started for us under Martin, 9 times out of 10 we were playing that awful slow, negative, pedestrian football that we usually did in first halves and Ntcham looked poor as this was not his game. I was hoping he would be more consistently good under Duff as he won't have us coming out of the blocks like we're half asleep and I think Ntcham's performance against Reading on Saturday was definitely pointing in the right direction. I feel he would have been a very good player for us under Duff, far more so that under Martin, but it looks like we're never going to see the best of him if this move happens.

karnataka said:
I've said this before but my take on Ntcham is that he's at his best when we're playing a high tempo attacking game (like Cameroon do) and at his worst when we're playing pedestrian, sideways and back, safety first football. Under Martin we saw both and by far his best performances were as a sub when we were chasing a game in the last 20 minutes, which was quite frequent due to our poor defence. When he started for us under Martin, 9 times out of 10 we were playing that awful slow, negative, pedestrian football that we usually did in first halves and Ntcham looked poor as this was not his game. I was hoping he would be more consistently good under Duff as he won't have us coming out of the blocks like we're half asleep and I think Ntcham's performance against Reading on Saturday was definitely pointing in the right direction. I feel he would have been a very good player for us under Duff, far more so that under Martin, but it looks like we're never going to see the best of him if this move happens.

Spot on.

karnataka said:

The undefeated run at the end of last season, when he was playing centrally and we'd largely ditched the "process" he was one of if not our best players. I too was looking forward to seeing him being consistently used properly for the first time in two years.

karnataka said:

Agree with all of what you said. It depends on how often we can maintain that high tempo game under MD, Oxford and Bristol were very much the opposite of that while Reading felt closer to how I think MD wants us to play and while Ntcham didn't score (and he should have after Yates's cut back) he was a regular driving threat on the left side with Key.

Seems it was just his agent putting out stories, he was in the training gallery yesterday.

We’ll probably keep him and he’ll go in January/free next summer, unless someone does offer 3M.

I’d be disappointed to see him leave unless reports are true about his weekly wage (which I’d be surprised at).

One of the few we had last season who looked like he had time on the ball and could create something.

I saw a Swansea fan post something about this on Twitter last week.

Turkish fans of that club were going radio rental because he spelt their club name incorrectly. Talk about an overreaction :shock: :lol:

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back