• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Ntcham to Real Vallecano

Magic_Michu

Lee Trundle
Reaction score
Supposedly they’ve bid £1.7 million for him but we want closer to £5 million.

A player I'd rather keep but in the same category as Piroe. With only one year left serious offers must be considered.

One of our higher salary players too I believe.

Totally agree. Can you honestly see Ncham with the high energy press that Duff wants?
Same as when he was with Celtic, great for a while, then goes into “can’t be asked” syndrome.
Plus he probably on good wages, so it’s Au revoir for me.

Dr. Winston said:
A player I'd rather keep but in the same category as Piroe. With only one year left serious offers must be considered.

Scores goals from midfield unlike Fulton and Grimes, but does go missing far too often and for too many games.

Must admit, I'm struggling with the "goes missing" stuff. Certainly didn't go missing in the last ten games, which is basically the only time Martin ever consistently played him through the middle rather than wider. For the most part he was badly utilised.

I suspect he'd actually suit the way Duff wants to play pretty well, but given his wage and the remaining contract situation he's probably one the club would be willing to sacrifice if an offer of the size mooted comes in, especially as we had him on a free in the first place.

Dr. Winston said:
Must admit, I'm struggling with the "goes missing" stuff. Certainly didn't go missing in the last ten games, which is basically the only time Martin ever consistently played him through the middle rather than wider. For the most part he was badly utilised.

I suspect he'd actually suit the way Duff wants to play pretty well, but given his wage and the remaining contract situation he's probably one the club would be willing to sacrifice if an offer of the size mooted comes in, especially as we had him on a free in the first place.

Like Ollie Cooper (and loads of others), played in the wrong position more often than not. I think he'll be gone though. Had his cameo here, looked class when on it for sure.

Magic_Michu said:
Supposedly they’ve bid £1.7 million for him but we want closer to £5 million.

Decent player when played in his best position, central midfield. Had a very good end of season that contributed significantly to the strong finish.

£1.7M - a replacement proven at this level as good as him would cost more than that per season. It’s a keep for me with that offer. Maybe the new organisation will prove more capable than the previous in finding players to improve on the current squad … hopefully we’ll find out soon.

We are not that blessed with goalscoring midfielders, they don’t come cheap

Last year of his contract and presumably on decent wages. Anything around £3m and I think the club would sell him without a second thought.

Given we got him without a transfer fee and will lose him for nothing next summer if he's not sold, that would seem to be good business.

monmouth said:
Like Ollie Cooper (and loads of others), played in the wrong position more often than not. I think he'll be gone though. Had his cameo here, looked class when on it for sure.

Ollie played in his best position most of last season. He's a perfect fit for those dual no. 10s that Martin likes. Asking him to play deeper or wider doesn't really suit him, he's always been at his best given licence to push up alongside and beyond a striker (like he did to rave reviews at Newport). Same as Congreve and Lloyd, they're all attackers who need to be in those areas to effect games.

Ntcham never suited that sort of role and only began to shine when he could drop in alongside Grimes and get on the ball. Given how well-stocked we are in that area and how much he earns it wouldn't be a bad thing to see him move on for cash. Even without him there are 5 or 6 realistically competing for 2, maybe 3 slots in a starting 11. Martin forcing 4 in at a time never worked.

Game changer for me, but if someone offers 3 mill or more he'll be gone

jasper_T said:
Ollie played in his best position most of last season. He's a perfect fit for those dual no. 10s that Martin likes. Asking him to play deeper or wider doesn't really suit him, he's always been at his best given licence to push up alongside and beyond a striker (like he did to rave reviews at Newport). Same as Congreve and Lloyd, they're all attackers who need to be in those areas to effect games.

Ntcham never suited that sort of role and only began to shine when he could drop in alongside Grimes and get on the ball. Given how well-stocked we are in that area and how much he earns it wouldn't be a bad thing to see him move on for cash. Even without him there are 5 or 6 realistically competing for 2, maybe 3 slots in a starting 11. Martin forcing 4 in at a time never worked.

I agree with his best position. Most of the times I saw him he was wide right or wide left.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back