• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Obafemi & Whittaker bids rejected

Swansea93

Alan Curtis
Reaction score
Martin confirmed we’ve turned down 2 offers for Obafemi (highest being 2.5M) and 1 offer for Whittaker.

Also confirmed we’ve placed 2 offers on the table for someone but they’ve been rejected (presuming Ogbene of Rotherham)

Darran said:
Hopefully Burnley will up their offer for Oba but I’d have kicked him out of the door for £2.5million.

Strange character ain’t he, hopefully if we sell him cheap we’ll have have a decent sell on clause with it.

He posted on his social media last night him scoring for us and then a video of Connor McGregor saying the king is back, either he’s winding fans up or he’s staying put.

That seems weird. Rejecting the chance to make a profit (albeit a small one) on a player who has only performed in bursts and seems to have an attitude problem, while we have a manager who clearly doesn't want him?

I'd guess that either that offer was for less cash upfront and only reached £2.5m if a load of clauses were hit, or there was no offer and the club are desperately trying to encourage clubs to bid for him.

2.5M for Obafanni would be a great bit of business for a player who doesn't seem to want a future in professional football in my opinion.

I can't understand why Burnley would want him. A Premier league striker he isn't.

Agree take £2.5k.
Otherwise we are just fattening his bank account for no reason.

Owners are more than likely thinking this was an asset we valued at £12m a few months back and don’t want to sell for that amount.

Realistically though, it’s not going to work for him here now, we dropped a b*llock not accepting the £6m or whatever it was in the summer, but it’s easy to say that with hindsight.

What I don’t get with the Whittaker situation is why wouldn’t you just let him carry on all season with Plymouth increase his value further? Only thing I can think is we have £0 to spend in this window and are actively trying to secure funds from anything and anyone.

Swansea93 said:
What I don’t get with the Whittaker situation is why wouldn’t you just let him carry on all season with Plymouth increase his value further? Only thing I can think is we have £0 to spend in this window and are actively trying to secure funds from anything and anyone.

We had a window to recall him, if it passed and we failed in our attempts to sign anyone we would be up the creek without a paddle.

I think if we sell Oba, and then sign ogbene for example, he could well go back to Plymout imo.

Risc said:
We had a window to recall him, if it passed and we failed in our attempts to sign anyone we would be up the creek without a paddle.

I think if we sell Oba, and then sign ogbene for example, he could well to back to Plymouth.
Yeah fair enough, but obviously Martin is mentioning a club who’s in for Whittaker so hopefully we know more soon enough anyway.

Not quite sure why we’d keep him, if he’s not getting any game time

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back