• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Official - Andy Scott Leaves

• Thread starter Geoff
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 8
  • Views: Views 1,972

Geoff

Youth Team Apprentice
Reaction score
https://twitter.com/SwansOfficial/status/1467863901652008963

Scott mentions a change in recruitment strategy in his quote on the Walesonline report. I wonder what has changed ?

Since he’s come in, Martin has seen Lowe and Joseph depart (latter on loan), has seemingly sidelined Walsh and Whittaker (latter likely to go out on loan) and has publicly criticised Obafemi and rarely used him. Piroe has been a success, but otherwise Martin doesn’t seem to rate our recent recruitment particularly highly. I don’t think Ntcham or Paterson were Scott’s doing.

I think Mark Allen is taking over the role with Martin and Winter.

Allen solely responsible for Ntcham joining and potentially McAtee coming on loan from City.

Surprised, but who knows what goes on behind the scenes, including political chicanery. I just hope we don't put too much power or faith in a single person with no checks or balances. Certainly some of our recent buys have been conspicuous by their absence, but I find it hard to believe Walsh is a worse attacking midfield than Smith.

Scott, who helped mastermind and secure Piroe under Cooper's direction. Ousted.

And now we have Martine honing his recruitment sights on a non-technical, non-ballplaying CB hoofballist from the lower leagues.

Bobbleyesque, in so many ways, ffs.

https://planetswans.co.uk/2021/12/07/scott-leaves-swansea-head-of-player-acquisition-incoming/

After reading Winters latest missive and reading between the lines, I'd say cost cutting is behind this. (Pure conjecture). I'd say he did a solid job. Piroe was a fine last aquisition.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back