• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Our next manager should be...

JackBaston

First Team Player
Reaction score
Just in case the board actually do snoop on here (I wouldnt be surprised with the comment saying they underestimated our identity)

We should go all out for Luke Williams
Was the mastermind behind Russell Martin, a promotion and currently in 6th place in League 2 with 65% possession on average

Or a crazier proposal
Eder Sarabia Armesto, ex Barcelona coach who won promotion with FC Andorra last season, struggling slightly this season but again dominating possession and would feel like us going back to our routes with a Martinez style appointment

Any other suggestions?

Whoever comes in needs to give the fans a reason to be optimistic.
But...if its Jones, the guy really needs to hit the ground sprinting. Otherwise with next seasons ST campaign about to hit full swing, sales will plummet through the floor. After 40 yrs, I for one won't renew with him in charge and no sign of progress.

It is quite simple, if we want to beat Cardiff home and away and finish mid table then Russell Martin is your man,
If we want to be in a relegation scrap then Duff is your man,
If we want to get promoted then we need a Brendan Rodgers type manager with a Scott Sinclair type player in his prime.
If we just want to stay up this season then we had to act now to sack Duff.
Question is, who's coming in next? And which category from the above does he fit in?
Now that Duff is gone, the relegation scrap may very well be just on hold, for now.

Fe Godwn Ni Eto

It’s obviously going to be someone who’s currently out of a job, highly doubtful we’re going to be paying compensation for someone.
I’d go for Vierra.

TerryPHELAN said:
It’s obviously going to be someone who’s currently out of a job, highly doubtful we’re going to be paying compensation for someone.
I’d go for Vierra.

No compensation, but I'd guess way out of what we would pay as a salary

kevin muscat
tony popovic
stewart mclaren

cameron toshack

i see harry kewell is knocking around at Celtic. he is not someone i have tracked for whatever reason but maybe an option.

Baron Goblet said:
kevin muscat
tony popovic
stewart mclaren

cameron toshack

i see harry kewell is knocking around at Celtic. he is not someone i have tracked for whatever reason but maybe an option.

Jesus wept.

This will be our fifth manager since relegation to the Championship or five managers in five years.

If we appoint someone who turns out to be good we will probably say goodbye in summer 2024 when that person is headhunted by a bigger or better club. So the search starts all over again.

If we appoint someone who fails, we will probably say goodbye to that person in summer 2024 and so the starts all over again.

Or we appoint someone mediocre and stay mid table and keep consistent mediocrity for many seasons.

The manager merry go around at the club is insane. To put it in context, dear Russell was the longest serving manager since Kenny Jackett.

Baron Goblet said:
kevin muscat
tony popovic
stewart mclaren

cameron toshack

Are you Australian by any chance? Our manager from the MLS was a disaster, not sure the standard in the A-League is even as good as MLS.

Pentyrchjack said:
The manager merry go around at the club is insane. To put it in context, dear Russell was the longest serving manager since Kenny Jackett.

That's a crazy stat to be fair.

Pentyrchjack said:

Do you mean other than Roberto Martinez, Brendan Rodgers and Steve Cooper? Afraid you've got that one wrong good sir

Swansea City v Stoke City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back