• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Our Next Manager

• Thread starter Darran
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 308
  • Views: Views 28,749
Ross said:
You’re borderline obsessive in your slating of RM. Fans like you who demand instant success and don’t see the long term goal are what made the board panic in the summer. The players loved RM, the football was in the main really good under RM and we were always improving under RM. Wasn’t enough for people like you though and you’re continuing your crusade against him now because deep down you know, you have got it wrong. How are Southampton doing btw?

Then you don't know my posting history as well as my mindset. Historically I have been guilty of waiting too long to to call for change, and I was like this about RM. Therefore, I'm not sure how you arrived at the conclusion which you did.

Whilst we are on topic, yes the football was pretty but the results were not and for long periods. This is a results driven business at the end of the day and you don't get promoted based on passing stats and possession. I also don't buy the 'always improving under RM' line either, our Keystone Cops defending will show you how we regressed in this area, much of which was down to his tactical approach. When it came to Russ' tenure after a two year spell, a change was as good as a rest.

As for Southampton, performing as per expectation and anything less than top six should be deemed as failure. However, they are also the lowest of the three relegated teams, you know this right?

Andrew - North Hill said:
And so their answer to that was to employ a management by chalk and blackboard type instead, and give him £8m to spend in one summer. That worked out well didn't it.

Far from it. Neither appointment can be deemed a success. The next one is vital.

And so their answer to that was to employ a management by chalk and blackboard type instead, and give him £8m to spend in one summer. That worked out well didn't it.

Duff didn’t spend anything mate. He was very clear from day 1, he coached what he was given. That’s why Watson was employed, the board was sick of Martin wasting money on Fisher, Darling, and particularly all the loan players he then refused to play.

monmouth said:
Duff didn’t spend anything mate. He was very clear from day 1, he coached what he was given. That’s why Watson was employed, the board was sick of Martin wasting money on Fisher, Darling, and particularly all the loan players he then refused to play.

Never has so much mileage been extracted for criticism purposes from just two signings, as per the Fisher and Darling combo.

Nothing else matters, like the small inconvenience of what you say happened to Duff was exactly what happened to Martin with those loan signings you mention. No, everything is rendered redundant by one indisputably bad signing (Fisher) and one who, in actual fact, hasn't been all that bad and certainly no worse than the others in his position (Darling).

There can be no grey, there can be no nuance, in the quest to bury the "chinwig fraud"

Never has so much mileage been extracted for criticism purposes from just two signings, as per the Fisher and Darling combo.

Nothing else matters, like the small inconvenience of what you say happened to Duff was exactly what happened to Martin with those loan signings you mention. No, everything is rendered redundant by one indisputably bad signing (Fisher) and one who, in actual fact, hasn't been all that bad and certainly no worse than the others in his position (Darling).

There can be no grey, there can be no nuance, in the quest to bury the "chinwig fraud"

Flynn Downes and Nathan Wood are erased from history apparently. O’Reilly and Ogbene would have been fantastic purchases also.

Our problems run far deeper than darling imo who is more than capable at this level and will get better.

Bango on the other hand..

Not at all, I’m saying that’s why the board brought in Watson and denied Martin any money, they felt they’d been burned as he absolutely insisted on Fisher as a must have, who was, in isolation enough to never trust his judgement again.

They were no better than him in the end anyway. Panicking and wanting to bring in Karlan Grant on megabucks. Then I’d say Yates and Tymon, so far, have looked as bad or even worse (given their cost) deals than the Fish.

My point was, they didn’t let Duff spend any of that. There’s no indication they were ‘his’ signings. He certainly didn’t fall over himself to pick either every week.

monmouth said:
The board brought in Watson and denied Martin any money, they felt they’d been burned as he absolutely insisted on Fisher as a must have, who was, in isolation enough to never trust his judgement again.

You don't really believe that, do you?

What qualifications does anyone running the club have to make that kind of footballing judgement? The answer is zero.

No, I'll tell you what they didn't like about Russell Martin. Unlike Potter and Cooper, who chose to play the game and bite their lip until they had an exit strategy, he had the balls to call them out after the Jan window for the frauds they are.

Levien has the most gigantic ego, he didn't like being told a few home truths, and so that was it for Martin, he was dead meat for speaking out. That's what happened.

And now look where it's got us.

You don't really believe that, do you?

What qualifications does anyone running the club have to make that kind of footballing judgement? The answer is zero.

No, I'll tell you what they didn't like about Russell Martin. Unlike Potter and Cooper, who chose to play the game and bite their lip until they had an exit strategy, he had the balls to call them out after the Jan window for the frauds they are.

Levien has the most gigantic ego, he didn't like being told a few home truths, and so that was it for Martin, he was dead meat for speaking out. That's what happened.

And now look where it's got us.

You don't know what your talking about pal, he was going to be signing a new contract until Southampton came knocking. Hence why we tried so hard and kicked up the fuss to get the higher level compo that we were due should Martin go to a Premier League team.

Swansea City v Stoke City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back