• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Our Next Manager

• Thread starter Darran
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 308
  • Views: Views 28,749
Cooperman said:
There were more than twenty players signed under the Martin tenure. They had to stop throwing money around once they realised he was a management by PowerPoint type.

As for Cooper, have a look at the squad at his disposal. And all this was going on at the same time as dwindling revenue streams.

The recruitment team is a big part of our issue.

What recruitment team :lol: :lol:

eteb said:
Shafted cooper with Gallagher, Ayew, Hourihane, Morris, Brewster, woodman, Guehi

f**k my cunting eyes

Yeah, because Cooper was so deliriously happy with his lot here, that he preferred to go on the dole, rather than see out the remaining year of his contract working for our shitshow setup.

Wakey wakey eggs and bakey.

How bad has it got to get before we stop blaming coaches and realise the real problem?

Cooperman said:
There were more than twenty players signed under the Martin tenure. They had to stop throwing money around once they realised he was a management by PowerPoint type.

And so their answer to that was to employ a management by chalk and blackboard type instead, and give him £8m to spend in one summer. That worked out well didn't it.

Andrew - North Hill said:
And so their answer to that was to employ a management by chalk and blackboard type instead, and give him £8m to spend in one summer. That worked out well didn't it.

You omitted an important part of my post, the last sentence.

Cooperman said:
You omitted an important part of my post, the last sentence.

Again ... what recruitment team? Are you talking about the Premier League days with Huw and Dan Altman? Or is it one of Kyle McCauley? Andy Scott? Mark Allen? Neil Roberts? Josh Marsh? Lee Maybury? Or the current lot? Or one of the multiple scouts and analysts to have been and gone under these people?

Our complete lack of a consistent 'recruitment team' has been just as much of a problem as any over the last 5 years.

SwansInTheLake said:
Again ... what recruitment team? Are you talking about the Premier League days with Huw and Dan Altman? Or is it one of Kyle McCauley? Andy Scott? Mark Allen? Neil Roberts? Josh Marsh? Lee Maybury? Or the current lot? Or one of the multiple scouts and analysts to have been and gone under these people?

Our complete lack of a consistent 'recruitment team' has been just as much of a problem as any over the last 5 years.

We’re probably making the same point.

Cooperman said:

As for Cooper, have a look at the squad at his disposal. And all this was going on at the same time as dwindling revenue streams.

This is the key issue since they’ve taken over.
Narsingh, Mesa, Clucas, Asoro, Declan John, Bony, Barry McKay and on and on and on.
Rubbish. Business killing decisions.
We’re very close to the point of having no saleable assets and a squad on very high wages.
Only one outcome.

Mork said:
Narsingh, Mesa, Clucas, Asoro, Declan John, Bony, Barry McKay and on and on and on.
We’re very close to the point of having no saleable assets and a squad on very high wages.
Only one outcome.

Investment is only great when it generates a return. We can’t say it’s paying off right now.

Mork said:
Only one outcome.

And why did you have to mention Clucas?

Just the very thought about that signing has my placing my head into my hands.

Cooperman said:
Investment is only great when it generates a return. We can’t say it’s paying off right now.

I’ve just listed about £40-50m worth of players who never mind goals, I don’t think they won us a corner.
Martin and his team could pick a player, that’s not what anyone wants to hear though.

Cooperman said:

You’re borderline obsessive in your slating of RM. Fans like you who demand instant success and don’t see the long term goal are what made the board panic in the summer. The players loved RM, the football was in the main really good under RM and we were always improving under RM. Wasn’t enough for people like you though and you’re continuing your crusade against him now because deep down you know, you have got it wrong. How are Southampton doing btw?

Ross said:
You’re borderline obsessive in your slating of RM. Fans like you who demand instant success and don’t see the long term goal are what made the board panic in the summer. The players loved RM, the football was in the main really good under RM and we were always improving under RM. Wasn’t enough for people like you though and you’re continuing your crusade against him now because deep down you know, you have got it wrong. How are Southampton doing btw?

😂 Totally deluded

I thought a play-off challenge was on the cards when Duff was appointed but that ship has sailed. As others have suggested relegation isn't out of the question.
With the news that the move for Davies has fallen through I'm afraid difficult choices might have to be made. I know he's a Cardiff man but Mad Nate is still available. If he turned things around and took Swansea City into the top-half of the table I'm sure his Bluebird roots would be overlooked.

ROKERITE said:
I thought a play-off challenge was on the cards when Duff was appointed but that ship has sailed. As others have suggested relegation isn't out of the question.
With the news that the move for Davies has fallen through I'm afraid difficult choices might have to be made. I know he's a Cardiff man but Mad Nate is still available. If he turned things around and took Swansea City into the top-half of the table I'm sure his Bluebird roots would be overlooked.

Nope, he will drive a lot of fans away from the club.

Ross said:

Easier to have him as a whipping post because they didn't like his silly little beard and his gilet though, eh. Rather than be forced to look at the real problem.

Swansea City v Stoke City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back