• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Our Next Manager

• Thread starter Darran
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 308
  • Views: Views 28,749
Andrew - North Hill said:
We can take that attitude if you like, or we can face facts and front up to the sort of club we've become - run by skinflints who don't care, and who by now have an established reputation of lying to coaches to get them through the door, then reneging on promises made.

Davies isn't the problem - the club is.

This not backing the team stuff is not true, they might have took us backwards.. but they have signed a lot of players, plus new bumper contracts.. criticise their product and conduct, but backing isn't the issue

We can take that attitude if you like, or we can face facts and front up to the sort of club we've become - run by skinflints who don't care, and who by now have an established reputation of lying to coaches to get them through the door, then reneging on promises made.

Davies isn't the problem - the club is.

You may well have a point. I’ve no access to inside info. Just a simple fan mate.

Nice to Michu said:
Hate to say I told you so..

Have we reasons why?

If he's turned us down twice and wasted our time again the fuck him and his supposed fondness for the club

eteb said:
Have we reasons why?

If he's turned us down twice and wasted our time again the f**k him and his supposed fondness for the club

For things to break down late in negotiations is worrying, the principle ideas would have been in place for the agreement but there's clearly something the club aren't willing to agree on.

Not sure what the source is behind it being off but we need to know is the deal dead, or is this one of Davies or Levy playing hardball and hoping we come back with improved terms?

Strange it's happened twice now

Suggests Davies may be the problem

Skippyjack said:
This not backing the team stuff is not true, they might have took us backwards.. but they have signed a lot of players, plus new bumper contracts.. criticise their product and conduct, but backing isn't the issue

Absolute b0llocks.

The only manager they backed unequivocally in nearly 8 years was Duff in the window just gone.

In the market they shafted Martin, they shafted Cooper, and they shafted Potter, by continually selling our best players from under their feet and giving them peanuts for inferior replacements, in some cases denying them any replacements at sll.

They also did it to Paul Clement when we were in the Prem. We sold Gylfi and Llorente and replaced them with a bloke who didn't want to be there (Sanches) and a crock (Bony).

They've constantly run the team down since the day they walked in through the door.

You can't, and shouldn't, deny reality and the facts. They don't deserve any excuses.

eteb said:

C’mon, knowing what you know of our owners and your conclusion is Davies is the problem?!

Davies has agreed verbally last week that he would take the job… I can only imagine he’s realised through discussions with the board what a mess we’re in

I don't disagree they are bad but surely he wouldn't have engaged again after the first time?

Absolute b0llocks.

The only manager they backed unequivocally in nearly 8 years was Duff in the window just gone.

In the market they shafted Martin, they shafted Cooper, and they shafted Potter, by continually selling our best players from under their feet and giving them peanuts for inferior replacements, in some cases denying them any replacements at sll.

They also did it to Paul Clement when we were in the Prem. We sold Gylfi and Llorente and replaced them with a bloke who didn't want to be there (Sanches) and a crock (Bony).

They've constantly run the team down since the day they walked in through the door.

You can't, and shouldn't, deny reality and the facts. They don't deserve any excuses.
Shafted cooper with Gallagher, Ayew, Hourihane, Morris, Brewster, woodman, Guehi

Fuck my cunting eyes

eteb said:
I don't disagree they are bad but surely he wouldn't have engaged again after the first time?

He wanted the job in the summer and then they chose Duff… he wanted the job earlier this week … and then I guess found out the details of it and realised it’s a poisoned chalice

He would have known the position and what the deal was

I think it could be something between levien and levy - tighter than ducks arseholes

eteb said:

I think it actually shows the club is the problem no? If we can't attract a manager with zero previous experience something is wrong. Not to mention the others who have turned us down before now.

eteb said:
He would have known the position and what the deal was

I think it could be something between levien and levy - tighter than ducks arseholes

That’s what I mean - he’s probably found out the lack of funds available for him in January

Magic_Michu said:
That’s what I mean - he’s probably found out the lack of funds available for him in January

I wonder if that is actually the case is that the reason they departed with Duff, due to him kicking off? He didn't strike me as someone who would suffer fools lightly.
Although he probably would have walked if things had got that bad, who knows?

Absolute b0llocks.

There were more than twenty players signed under the Martin tenure. They had to stop throwing money around once they realised he was a management by PowerPoint type.

As for Cooper, have a look at the squad at his disposal. And all this was going on at the same time as dwindling revenue streams.

The recruitment team is a big part of our issue.

Swansea City v Stoke City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back