• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Our season in general

Darran

Roger Freestone
Reaction score
Have a lot of performances been shit? Yes!
Could a more experienced coach have got more out of the players? Yes!
Would 7th place in The Championship be an outstanding finish in a young coach’s first season in real football? Yes!
Do I have concerns for next season? Yes!

Bit of a mixed bag really. If we had played with the formation we’ve played the last few games all season, then we might be looking forward to playing Cardiff in the play offs by now.

Hammy said:
Bit of a mixed bag really. If we had played with the formation we’ve played the last few games all season, then we might be looking forward to playing Cardiff in the play offs by now.

Absolutely.

If we had played with wing backs all season and had the attacking intent that we have shown in the last few games we would have another 10-15 points on board.

Hammy said:

It's not just the formation. It's the intent to play with a bit of width. We've had the players capable of doing it all season, yet it's taken us a year including an unscheduled three month layoff to start trying it.

I hope Cooper has grasped it. I really do. It might make next season less of a chore to watch.

It’s been boring as hell but there’s not much to disagree with in Darran’s post.

I consider this to have been an extremely disappointing season; overseen by a manager who has apparently taken nearly 50 games to finally identify a formation to get consistent performances out of his squad which will be largely disassembled this Summer.

I hope today's result does not detract attention from the truly woeful performances we have had to witness for the majority of the season, even during the opening month of matches where results were positive.

There seems to be a pattern where by he's widely considered to be an appalling manager one week, before suddenly he's deemed to be doing an acceptable job after a positive result.

The target should have been promotion when considering the squad of players we started the season with and the squad of players we had available after the January transfer window.

Seventh place is a failure.

With Barnsley fighting for their life, they could beat Forest tomorrow. Then Forest have got Stoke away, who beat Brentford today. So you never know, it could be us and the scammers in the playoffs. Fat lady and all that.

A massive waste a season.
Cooper filed to build on the stability and style Potter introduced ad basically screwed up umpteen chances to take points by ignoring his bench or using subs when games had been lost or wins thrown away.

Builthjack said:
With Barnsley fighting for their life, they could beat Forest tomorrow. Then Forest have got Stoke away, who beat Brentford today. So you never know, it could be us and the scammers in the playoffs. Fat lady and all that.

We'd need to overturn a huge GD - won't happen.
The only realistic chance left o reach the play offs would be for us to win and Cardiff lose mid week.

A 7th place finish, although disappointing given the points we have tossed away, would be a feather in the cap for a relatively young and inexperienced coach at Championship level.

Next season, who knows, will Cooper be given the go ahead to strengthen, no doubt finances will be tight.

A lot of "ifs and buts", we could still end up in the promised land again 👀

A 6 goal difference. Forest lose 2-0, and 2-0. We win 2-0. We go through on more goals scored . Lump on.

DwightYorkeSuperstar said:
I consider this to have been an extremely disappointing season; overseen by a manager who has apparently taken nearly 50 games to finally identify a formation to get consistent performances out of his squad which will be largely disassembled this Summer.

I hope today's result does not detract attention from the truly woeful performances we have had to witness for the majority of the season, even during the opening month of matches where results were positive.

There seems to be a pattern where by he's widely considered to be an appalling manager one week, before suddenly he's deemed to be doing an acceptable job after a positive result.

The target should have been promotion when considering the squad of players we started the season with and the squad of players we had available after the January transfer window.

Seventh place is a failure.

Fuçking nonsense.

Have a lot of performances been shit? Yes!
Could a more experienced coach have got more out of the players? Yes!
Would 7th place in The Championship be an outstanding finish in a young coach’s first season in real football? Yes!
Do I have concerns for next season? Yes!
Spot on for a Curate's Egg of a season. Largely poor but somehow likely to finish 7th ish. A shocking division that a lot of youngsters have stood up to well.
Some big pluses:
we have not been in a relegation battle, Cabango, Guehi post resumption, Rhian, Woodman, the professionalism of Andre
Minuses:
the demise of Celina, manger's use of subs, no width until recent change of system, the pain of very false hope, usual late concessions as the season wore on, the continuing lack of any physical defensive midfielder and buying a season ticket for next year that won't be used until....

Many moons ago I would have been over the moon to be where we are now, but, heres the but, I feel like a bucket full of rusted and busted bolts !
too many wasted opportunities and useless choices, despite not setting a poor division alight, we could have, and probably should have been where Lids are now.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back