• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Our support…

What’s our ceiling if we were doing well? Say a solid mid table prem side?
I’m guessing 20-24k?
25k at the most and I think it would have taken an extraordinary circumstances to regularly fill something with more than 30,000 seats, which was capacity once talked about.

20k is about right for us.

Let's not forget, even when we were a really top team in our first couple of years in the PL, if there were any clashes or overlaps with the Six Nations matches you'd start to see pockets of empty seats appearing in the corners. I remember one game against Arsenal where we were only 1-0 down but the place emptied with 20 mins left because the rugby was kicking off at 4:45.

We're not the great catch we think we are - we're just not.
I remember a bit of chat around 2013 ish regarding season ticket waiting lists. I don’t think the situation went on for very long and it certainly hasn’t been an issue since.

Our non-derby games have both had attendances of around 14K, so the way things are panning out our average over the season is likely to be 15K or a bit more. This will probably be the worst of those teams not limited by capacity. The discounted tickets for the QPR game last season nearly filled the ground, so discounting clearly works. Those 14K crowds should be a clear wake up call to the owners that our support cannot be taken for granted. Promotions and marketing initiatives are a must. Going back a few years I remember reading how Leinster filled their ground by marketing the province in the towns surrounding Dublin. A similar approach might well work with the Swans. Let's try and expand the geographical fanbase by promotions out in the sticks.

So if we maintain a top half team this season will we attract 15K plus home support
Good question. Nothing is guaranteed. So we need to promote the club. The QPR game showed it can work, the attendance was 19,704, we just need to do more, and experiment to see what works. If we're fatalistic and simply just accept that whoever turns up turns up then we can't complain if the numbers remain low.

We’ve never had a solid base of support, Norwich have. There’s absolutely no point in comparing. Doesn’t make us worse or better, it just IS a fact (not a statistic), We filled the vetch against Leeds in 1981 but then (I could be wrong) not again, even when we were top of the league. Certainly not second season when attendances were off a cliff. It’s like comparing Cardiff with Leeds or even Southampton or Wolves. No point. A club with no modern tradition of solid core support against those that have.

Our next midweek match at home after the QPR one was the 3 nil win against Stoke. The attendance was 14,692 over 5000 down on the QPR game. So, we can't have one-offs, we need to have multiple promotions until we end up keeping those fans who respond to the promotions.

Our next midweek match at home after the QPR one was the 3 nil win against Stoke. The attendance was 14,692 over 5000 down on the QPR game. So, we can't have one-offs, we need to have multiple promotions until we end up keeping those fans who respond to the promotions.
QPR on a Bank holiday weekend with discounted tickets. The Stoke attendance was always going to smaller especially after the shit show they put on against QPR.

Our crowds have always been around where they are currently pre and post premier league. As the team plays well and the results come in so do the fans, it's a pretty standard pattern for a club our size.

If this is anything to go by, we have seen a legacy benefit from being in the PL because if you take out the COVID seasons, our average attendance is higher than all three of our Championship seasons prior to our PL stint.

I think it just feels different this time, because the atmosphere around the club just isn't the same. Last time we felt like a club on the up. We don't now.

If this is anything to go by, we have seen a legacy benefit from being in the PL because if you take out the COVID seasons, our average attendance is higher than all three of our Championship seasons prior to our PL stint.

I think it just feels different this time, because the atmosphere around the club just isn't the same. Last time we felt like a club on the up. We don't now.
We averaged between 15K and 15,500 in the three Championship seasons before promotion. Unless we do something we will return to that range this season. It's dumb to have empty seats earning no revenue. The club needs to be focused on filling the ground.

Norwich's support has been consistently excellent for years, no doubt. I would argue with the notion that there's plenty of other things to do in Norwich than Swansea. I'm no Norwich expert but others on this thread have experience of the area and say there's nothing to do. Suggesting that Swansea only has the LC2 and Gower is approaching Perch levels of nonsense about Swansea.

Also, as GowerJack isn't around to say it, it's Gower, not the Gower. ;)
It's The Gower where I grew up, and the H in The Hafod is silent. Hence the LA (Lower Hafod).

Was only joking about Swansea only having the Gower and the LC2. Obviously there's Wind Street too.

Norwich has loads going for it - people say the centre has a mediaeval church for every month of the year and a pub for every week, or something like that. Anyway, many of the churches are now arts centres, there's loads of music and theatre, one of the best indy cinemas I know, great brew houses, the Sainsbury Centre, seemingly non-stop festivals and open air events, fantastic city walks along the river and amongst the historic buildings (the sort that Swansea Council bulldozed long ago), great beaches 30 minutes away (as long as you can stand the depressing flatness of it all - although Norwich itself is pleasantly hilly), the Norfolk Broads and a wonderful seal colony at Horsey Windpump, which is worth it for the name alone. Don't knock it til you've tried it. It is a pain to get to, mind.

We averaged between 15K and 15,500 in the three Championship seasons before promotion. Unless we do something we will return to that range this season. It's dumb to have empty seats earning no revenue. The club needs to be focused on filling the ground.
We won’t average that this season unless we suddenly start playing scintillating football and blowing teams away. Out actual attendances are abysmal this season, not the attendances that they announce because they are not true.

It's The Gower where I grew up, and the H in The Hafod is silent. Hence the LA (Lower Hafod).

Was only joking about Swansea only having the Gower and the LC2. Obviously there's Wind Street too.

Norwich has loads going for it - people say the centre has a mediaeval church for every month of the year and a pub for every week, or something like that. Anyway, many of the churches are now arts centres, there's loads of music and theatre, one of the best indy cinemas I know, great brew houses, the Sainsbury Centre, seemingly non-stop festivals and open air events, fantastic city walks along the river and amongst the historic buildings (the sort that Swansea Council bulldozed long ago), great beaches 30 minutes away (as long as you can stand the depressing flatness of it all - although Norwich itself is pleasantly hilly), the Norfolk Broads and a wonderful seal colony at Horsey Windpump, which is worth it for the name alone. Don't knock it til you've tried it. It is a pain to get to, mind.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back