• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Our support…

We won’t average that this season unless we suddenly start playing scintillating football and blowing teams away. Out actual attendances are abysmal this season, not the attendances that they announce because they are not true.
Just a shade over 14k for both Preston and Norwich. If the footy doesn’t improve then Christmas holiday season and then Six Nations will chip away at that further.

Just a shade over 14k for both Preston and Norwich. If the footy doesn’t improve then Christmas holiday season and then Six Nations will chip away at that further.
Not a chance were there more than 14k for Preston, lucky if there were 12k in there. Wouldn’t have been that much more for Norwich either.

It's The Gower where I grew up, and the H in The Hafod is silent. Hence the LA (Lower Hafod).

Was only joking about Swansea only having the Gower and the LC2. Obviously there's Wind Street too.

Norwich has loads going for it - people say the centre has a mediaeval church for every month of the year and a pub for every week, or something like that. Anyway, many of the churches are now arts centres, there's loads of music and theatre, one of the best indy cinemas I know, great brew houses, the Sainsbury Centre, seemingly non-stop festivals and open air events, fantastic city walks along the river and amongst the historic buildings (the sort that Swansea Council bulldozed long ago), great beaches 30 minutes away (as long as you can stand the depressing flatness of it all - although Norwich itself is pleasantly hilly), the Norfolk Broads and a wonderful seal colony at Horsey Windpump, which is worth it for the name alone. Don't knock it til you've tried it. It is a pain to get to, mind.
We'll have to agree to disagree on the merits of Swansea, although you do a good job selling Norwich to be fair.

Although I'll think you find it was the Luftwaffe you need to blame for the lack of historic buildings in Swansea (I'm guessing Norwich wasn't a priority target for the Nazis), rather than the council. Also the UK government for giving us peanuts for our rebuild post-war.

We'll have to agree to disagree on the merits of Swansea, although you do a good job selling Norwich to be fair.

Although I'll think you find it was the Luftwaffe you need to blame for the lack of historic buildings in Swansea (I'm guessing Norwich wasn't a priority target for the Nazis), rather than the council. Also the UK government for giving us peanuts for our rebuild post-war.
We are getting rather off topic here, but if other posters don’t mind I’ll respond.

230 people died in bombing raids on Swansea in WW2. 330 died in bombing raids on Norwich, during which a substantial number of historic buildings were wiped out. Check out the ‘Hell Fire Raid’.

I don’t underestimate the damage that German bombing did to the city centre of Swansea. Post-war planners did far worse, whereas Norwich’s authorities did a far better job of preserving what remained.

And no, I don’t work for the Norwich Tourist Board, I just go there a fair bit as I have family there. It’s a fine city.

Norwich has loads going for it - people say the centre has a mediaeval church for every month of the year and a pub for every week, or something like that. Anyway, many of the churches are now arts centres, there's loads of music and theatre, one of the best indy cinemas I know, great brew houses, the Sainsbury Centre, seemingly non-stop festivals and open air events, fantastic city walks along the river and amongst the historic buildings (the sort that Swansea Council bulldozed long ago), great beaches 30 minutes away (as long as you can stand the depressing flatness of it all - although Norwich itself is pleasantly hilly), the Norfolk Broads and a wonderful seal colony at Horsey Windpump, which is worth it for the name alone. Don't knock it til you've tried it. It is a pain to get to, mind.
Actually, a church for every week and a pub for every day (was the saying). I visited over 200 pubs in 5 yrs living there. It is a good place to live with countryside and coast as attractive, though in a different way, to S Wales.

More saliently (on support), the county of Norfolk has a population of nearly 1 million, and they all live within an hour of Norwich. That goes a long way towards explaining their higher support levels.

The Swansea City Bay region has a population of 685,000 and that doesn't include Bridgend abd Ceredigion, which both could be considered to be in the catchment of the club, let alone parts of RCT and Powys. So we're probably talking about a catchment population for the club of around 900K, with the vast majority within an hour's drive of the club. We just need to make our presence felt out in the sticks.

Last edited:
We are getting rather off topic here, but if other posters don’t mind I’ll respond.

230 people died in bombing raids on Swansea in WW2. 330 died in bombing raids on Norwich, during which a substantial number of historic buildings were wiped out. Check out the ‘Hell Fire Raid’.

I don’t underestimate the damage that German bombing did to the city centre of Swansea. Post-war planners did far worse, whereas Norwich’s authorities did a far better job of preserving what remained.

And no, I don’t work for the Norwich Tourist Board, I just go there a fair bit as I have family there. It’s a fine city.
I didn't look up how Norwich fared during the war, so lesson learned there. I'll make another assumption and guess that Norwich benefitted from more funding to rebuild if they have more historic buildings. The planners drew up some amazing plans for Swansea, but were only granted a fraction of what was needed and so inevitably the quality suffered.

If you're going to make comparisons then the best one would be Sunderland. Population of city 168,000 and 274,000 in wider urban area - similar to the 242,000 in the County of Swansea. Similar demographics, both working class cities, both with nearby bigger noisy neighbours. Sunderland average 41,000 per game - almost 3 times our support. Surely we can close that gap?

I go every week as a season ticket holder, I'm now almost 75 years. The lack of decent catering boils my piss. Has anyone else noticed that on the concourse of the East Stand, the food hot cabinets have literally nothing in them. Seems that to save waste and money most of the hot food is cooked on request. This has a knock on effect where I was in a queue Saturday to get a hot drink, but had to give up after 10 minutes because the queue didn't move, as someone awaited their order being cooked. It's just so amateurish.

I go every week as a season ticket holder, I'm now almost 75 years. The lack of decent catering boils my piss. Has anyone else noticed that on the concourse of the East Stand, the food hot cabinets have literally nothing in them. Seems that to save waste and money most of the hot food is cooked on request. This has a knock on effect where I was in a queue Saturday to get a hot drink, but had to give up after 10 minutes because the queue didn't move, as someone awaited their order being cooked. It's just so amateurish.
It's like the staff are surprised about where all these people have suddenly appeared from at halftime.

I ordered a Bovril at half time on Saturday and was given a hot chocolate.

Most of them haven't been trained to pull a pint or pour a bottle into a cup. I witnessed one girl the other week pouring a bottle of cider into a plastic cup, bubbles everywhere. Half of it must have spilled. Took about 5 mins waiting for it to settle, meanwhile the queue is growing.

A couple of years ago one got confused when I handed them £10.40 for a £5.40 bill so they could give me a fiver back. They were terrified. They couldn't work it out at all. No wonder it's cash only now.

Amateurish isn't even the half of it.

It's like the staff are surprised about where all these people have suddenly appeared from at halftime.

I ordered a Bovril at half time on Saturday and was given a hot chocolate.
Doesn't stop there, we've been screaming for a striker and ended up with Vipotnik .

A couple of years ago one got confused when I handed them £10.40 for a £5.40 bill so they could give me a fiver back. They were terrified. They couldn't work it out at all. No wonder it's cash only now.
This is my favourite jolly jape whenever I see a youngster at the till. The look of absolute confusion when I do similar is often hilarious

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back