• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Our support…

It's not just about the team not doing very well though. There's far more to it than just that. There are several factors in the mix.

Again, use your divisive labels if you want, but it doesn't change the fact it's not as simple as you want to make it out to be.
I can see both sides of the argument here, but, if people want to come on here and say they’ve stopped going because we’re playing shit football or things like that, then I can definitely see the ‘fair weather’ tag.

There will be many who genuinely can’t afford it no more, especially those with a young family, so have to pick and choose their games, and that’s if they can afford a game at all.

Yea so what you're saying is you've decided to stop watching us because you don't think we're currently very good. I get it.
You clearly arnt very bright, but I'll try my best for you.
I've stopped going cos we are being mugged off as a fanbase from top to bottom. I can put up with dross...was watching it before I'm guessing you were about.
I won't bother explaining the 'mugged off' bit to you as I don't feel you'll have the intelligence to get it.

So if we could become a Brighton or a Brentford as we were before (only better, we won a trophy) you wouldn't take it? I know i absolutely would.
Pinning hopes on that is fools gold imo, and a guarantee of continual disappointment. Brentford’s number will eventually come up, as ours did. I’ve no real interest in watching us as whipping boys doing a Luton or Burnley or Sheffield U to be honest, no. I wouldn’t be interested in ST again if we went up. That’s 100,000,000 times more likely if we did squeak our way up, than a Brighton scenario, and that’s beyond belief in itself with current owners/team/manager - even he thinks so!

No, I’ve seen my fill of our best (and worst) days, and so has anyone that has seen 2000-2013 and 1975-86 come to that. The only thing that would really match what I’ve already seen - twice - would be an FA cup win…much more than spawning a season at the arse end of the prem. That’s what I meant when I said the only real joy could be in individual games, and I stopped going because I was travelling 170 miles to get almost none of that. Now I’m well out of the habit, and my first ST was in 1972, so that’s a habit.

I’m always happy when we win and always will be, and I hope we don’t go down, but it leaves no lasting effect on me any longer, and I wouldn’t cancel anything to watch us.

I realise most will feel differently, hell I might next week, which is why these posts tend to feel a bit bipolar, even in some sentences. It’s been a big part of my life for a long time, but I no longer see it as such.

I've stopped going cos we are being mugged off as a fanbase from top to bottom. I can put up with dross...was watching it before I'm guessing you were about.
I won't bother explaining the 'mugged off' bit to you as I don't feel you'll have the intelligence to get it.

No need for abuse. You don't
It's not just about the team not doing very well though. There's far more to it than just that. There are several factors in the mix.

Again, use your divisive labels if you want, but it doesn't change the fact it's not as simple as you want to make it out to be.

Read what I said. I said going purely because we aren't very good is the epitome of fair weather. I made no judgement on supporters who have work / family commitments / health issues / financial issues or any other number of circumstances.

No need for abuse.

What you're saying is that you won't pay to watch currently because the team isn't very good.

And that's even though our season tickets aren't overly pricey.

So what other conclusion is there to come to?

Swansea has a much bigger population than either Blackburn and Burnley and both towns have large ethnic populations that aren't very interested in following their local teams. Swansea also has a larger catchment area with no big rival clubs nearby.

But to accentuate the positive the size of the city and population gives an indication of the potential. It's just that we can't assume the fans will just turn up. We just need to work harder on promoting and marketing the club.

You can't market a shit product mate.

Get the product right first, and the marketing will virtually take care of itself.

At the moment, let's be honest, what are we marketing?

"Come and see this consistently lower mid-table second tier club, who more often than not play dull walking pace football, we'll charge you an arm and a leg if you're not a STH, and the owners are as tight as a duck's arse, utterly clueless about the sport they bought into, and proactively destroyed the Supporters Trust".

Even Saatchi and Saatchi wouldn't go near that one.

You can't market a shit product mate.

Get the product right first, and the marketing will virtually take care of itself.

At the moment, let's be honest, what are we marketing?

"Come and see this consistently lower mid-table second tier club, who more often than not play dull walking pace football, we'll charge you an arm and a leg if you're not a STH, and the owners are as tight as a duck's arse, utterly clueless about the sport they bought into, and proactively destroyed the Supporters Trust".

Even Saatchi and Saatchi wouldn't go near that one.

After all those years of watching lower league dross there shouldn't need to be need to be a maverick marketing campaign to get 17k fans to watch us in the Championship I'm sorry.

No need for abuse.

What you're saying is that you won't pay to watch currently because the team isn't very good.

And that's even though our season tickets aren't overly pricey.

So what other conclusion is there to come to?
Let me clear it up for you if I may, he's clearly disillusioned at the way our club is being run down, this after years of loyalty both home and away, and clearly, nothing to do with the price of a season ticket.

Let me clear it up for you if I may, he's clearly disillusioned at the way our club is being run down, this after years of loyalty both home and away, and clearly, nothing to do with the price of a season ticket.

So it's a boycott against the ownership?

Admire the principle, but what happens should we have a good window and start pushing for the play offs (like we did 2 seasons ago)? Would he still stay away if the yanks still owned the club?

Admire the principle, but what happens should we have a good window and start pushing for the play offs (like we did 2 seasons ago)? Would he still stay away if the yanks still owned the club?
You'll have to ask him.

After all those years of watching lower league dross there shouldn't need to be need to be a maverick marketing campaign to get 17k fans to watch us in the Championship I'm sorry.

Why should people automatically be enthused just because it's second tier football?

Don't get me wrong I have seen more lower league dross (as you put it) over the years than I haven't, but even when it was technically shit it was often more fun than the stuff we have had to watch in recent years.

The product at the moment is poor - make the product better, and many people will come back. With or without marketing.

Why should people automatically be enthused just because it's second tier football?

Don't get me wrong I have seen more lower league dross (as you put it) over the years than I haven't, but even when it was technically shit it was often more fun than the stuff we have had to watch in recent years.

The product at the moment is poor - make the product better, and many people will come back. With or without marketing.

Right so we're back to the root cause, people aren't going because we aren't very good currently. But if were to become good again, those people would presumably return again.....

Right so we're back to the root cause, people aren't going because we aren't very good currently. But if were to become good again, those people would presumably return again.....

No, because there is no single root cause - it's just one of many things that need to fall into place. Some people might still not come back even if we were top of the league. It could be because they don't like the style, even if it's objectively successful (like Steve Cooper). It could be because they're skint. It could be because their personal lives have changed. It could be disagreement with the way the club is run.

It could be one, some or all of those things.

If you won the lottery, would you lend me a tenner?
Daft fvkn question.

No, because there is no single root cause - it's just one of many things that need to fall into place. Some people might still not come back even if we were top of the league. It could be because they don't like the style, even if it's objectively successful (like Steve Cooper). It could be because they're skint. It could be because their personal lives have changed. It could be disagreement with the way the club is run.

It could be one, some or all of those things.

People do have differing circumstances. But plenty, let's face it, would find a way if we were better.

Those who couldn't find a way would be replaced by fans who's only real determining factor is the current success of the team.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back