• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Parker to ‘muff, Cooper to Fulham, Howe to …

Swansea93 said:
Reports saying Fulham not willing to pay the 3M compo

Well to be fair, it really would add insult to injury.

Maybe we can reduce it to, say £2.50, and another performance based tenner if he's still there in January.

Ive heard its all agreed, theyre just trying to see if they can haggle the 3.5m down a bit, it wont be announced until Parker to Bmouth is agreed though

JackBaston said:
Ive heard its all agreed, theyre just trying to see if they can haggle the 3.5m down a bit, it wont be announced until Parker to Bmouth is agreed though

I'm sure we are able to haggle down a bit. We're past masters of that.

CurtessECarr said:
JackBaston said:

aha im sure we'll knock off half a mil, but we shouldnt because theyll take him off us either way

If we give Fulham the 3.5M maybe we could get this deal over the line……?

CurtessECarr said:
JackBaston said:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Fulham now want to sign Wilson for 12m.

They really are not very good at this football lark are they?

Has the deal collapsed between Parker and Bournemouth?.. please don't take our Coops away, he's magic with his fist pumps

Sounds like the Cooper to Fulham move has gone sideways too. Same reason as Palace didn't happen, the club are pricing him out of a move. Madness.

MrSwerve said:
Apart from boring football, what’s Steve Cooper’s negatives?

https://www.friendsoffulham.com/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=ba4ce754ee6aa907bf17c077682719e5&topic=81966.0

Over to you, Mon... :lol:

Thanks, MrSwerve that's an interesting analysis from the Fulham fan named Vapmatt which I'll cut and paste below so that those Fulham fans lurking here who haven't seen it can read it. You'll get a good manager who's also a nice guy who won't start feud with his own players, has an outstanding list of contacts, and will practically guarantee you a top 2 finish. £3 million for him sounds an absolute bargain, but if you want to reduce that a little and then pay us, say, another £20 million when (not if) he gets you promoted then I'm sure we could do a deal.

And do ignore the Swansea fan called tblees who went on your forum to criticise Cooper a little: that's just him using reverse psychology.

Analysis by the Fulham fan named Vapmatt: "So Cooper managed Liverpool u18 and did alright, he then managed England U17 and won the world cup and got to the finals of the euros. He's now taken Swansea to the play offs twice despite having only spent £2.1 mill on players in 2 seasons whilst selling over £50 mill in players like mcburnie, rodon, celina, dan james and jordan ayew. To add to this he also done it with a team who last yr was the 7th youngest team in the league and 3rd youngest season prior, we were the 2nd youngest team in the prem so it seems like a fit. All this experience he seems to have getting the best out of youngsters and how great our academy is. Would love to see him be able to work closely with Huw Jennings and mould our future based on youth, plus imagine what he could do with a little more spending than £1 mill a season and not constantly selling best players. He has experience working with American Owners and seems to make players better unlike Parker has done. His preferred formation is 4-2-3-1 like us, his teams gave the least amount of pens this season compared to how many we gave away, we had 2nd most yellows in the prem compared to his team at 13th in champ with 0 reds. Is it just that he plays boring footy? If that,s the only downside then I will take it."

If Cooper doesn’t to go Palace or Fulham, we should try and do a swap for Sarina Wiegman. About time a woman took the reins at an EFL club and this woman is magic.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/aug/15/power-naps-and-big-steaks-meet-sarina-wiegman-new-england-women-head-coach

Well, it is the sun but…
https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/15397652/crystal-palace-cooper-borussia-dortmund-favre/

Pentyrchjack said:
If Cooper doesn’t to go Palace or Fulham, we should try and do a swap for Sarina Wiegman. About time a woman took the reins at an EFL club and this woman is magic.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/aug/15/power-naps-and-big-steaks-meet-sarina-wiegman-new-england-women-head-coach

We've had 2 female Prime Ministers, so why not? It's going to happen some time.

Glyn1 said:
Pentyrchjack said:

We've had 2 female Prime Ministers, so why not? It's going to happen some time.

I’d definitely move seats to the West Stand centre.....

Breaking news on Sky Sports that Parker will leave Fulham in the next 48 hours to become Bournemouth manager, I’d be shocked if we don’t get any movement on the Cooper front next week. Bournemouth are back in pre season Tuesday.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back