• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Parker to ‘muff, Cooper to Fulham, Howe to …

There is no mention of Cooper in the OS fixtures list article. I may be wide of the mark but normally wouldn't they mention something about the manager 'leading out the Swans in the new campaign following play off heartbreak', or 'taking the Swans to such and such a place'. It just seems odd that there has been no mention of him on the OS...unless they are not expecting him to be here (or is that just wishful thinking).

AyHew said:
There is no mention of Cooper in the OS fixtures list article. I may be wide of the mark but normally wouldn't they mention something about the manager 'leading out the Swans in the new campaign following play off heartbreak', or 'taking the Swans to such and such a place'. It just seems odd that there has been no mention of him on the OS...unless they are not expecting him to be here (or is that just wishful thinking).

Good point, stands out like a sore thumb

https://www.swanseacity.com/news/swansea-citys-2021-22-fixtures-revealed

Good spot, I’ve just searched a few clubs websites and all of them mention the managers name….

Also just looked for our article for when the fixtures were announced for last season and indeed the article mentioned Steve Cooper then.. something is happening behind the scenes after all :D

Skippyjack said:
Howe is overrated, he basically got Bournemouth in debt and relegated them.. would I take him over Cooper, I'd take Dave the pub alcoholic over Cooper in fairness

That's quite a narrow minded view and you are conveniently ignoring what he did before Bournemouth were relegated, they like us also had a journey up through leagues. And also like us they succumbed to the fate that catches most smaller clubs out which is the relegation out of the top division. Both us and them probably did better than average in respect to years in the Premier League. However the Bournemouth rise and Premier League stay was under Howe.

For the record I would be surprised to see him come here, I think his stock is bigger than us. I said the same when he was being touted for Celtic.

Cooperman said:
Skippyjack said:
Howe is overrated, he basically got Bournemouth in debt and relegated them.. would I take him over Cooper, I'd take Dave the pub alcoholic over Cooper in fairness

That's quite a narrow minded view and you are conveniently ignoring what he did before Bournemouth were relegated, they like us also had a journey up through leagues. And also like us they succumbed to the fate that catches most smaller clubs out which is the relegation out of the top division. Both us and them probably did better than average in respect to years in the Premier League. However the Bournemouth rise and Premier League stay was under Howe.

For the record I would be surprised to see him come here, I think his stock is bigger than us. I said the same when he was being touted for Celtic.

His stock being higher than us is one of those self-perpetuating myths that goes around in football, like Cardiff being a medium to big club. He's a jobless manager with potential who would jump at the first decent offer put in front of him. Pep Gaurdiola he aint and he certainly isn't up there with Rodgers, Laudrup, Martinez or even Sousa either. He has got a bit to prove.

It's getting closer people. It looks like it may be happening

Reading the Fulham fans forum, the number of times I've read "he managed to get a poor Swansea side into the pay-off's"

:shock: :roll:

Any hopes Howe might come here is set to be dashed with Potter on the verge of taking over Spurs.

apparently Cooper is at Fulham right now sorting the contract, but they're waiting for Parker to be gone before they can finalise, sounds like its definitely happening

Nailed on now especially as someone pointed out he wasn’t even mentioned in the fixture article.

if indeed he has gone to fulham and i very much hope he has, i will be astonished if he lasts til the new year

they still play nice possession-based football over there .... at least whenever they in the championship ... cooperball will be a real culture shock for them

i am astonished the awful style of football we have played under cooper has gone under the radar everywhere bar the swansea forums

Gaius Baltar said:
if indeed he has gone to fulham and i very much hope he has, i will be astonished if he lasts til the new year

they still play nice possession-based football over there .... at least whenever they in the championship ... cooperball will be a real culture shock for them

i am astonished the awful style of football we have played under cooper has gone under the radar everywhere bar the swansea forums

You only had to listen to the commentators to see no-one was really paying attention. "Swansea play a fast possession game", "their players are all so good on the ball" etc. Those were comments made during the playoffs.

Itchysphincter said:
Cooperman said:

His stock being higher than us is one of those self-perpetuating myths that goes around in football, like Cardiff being a medium to big club. He's a jobless manager with potential who would jump at the first decent offer put in front of him. Pep Gaurdiola he aint and he certainly isn't up there with Rodgers, Laudrup, Martinez or even Sousa either. He has got a bit to prove.

I don't think he's got as much to prove as perhaps what you think he has. Bournemouth were as unfashionable as you could get when he took them over for a second time in 2012 and he followed it up with two quick promotions, five years of top flight football and gained a reputation for nurturing talent. I think it started going wrong for him at Bournemouth when large sums of foreign money started getting thrown around. The Celtic job appears to be held in fairly high esteem across the press although he turned that down. I would be equally surprised and pleased if he came to us.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back