• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Patterson

Risc said:
ARQS said:
For anyone who didn't see the text doing the rounds:-

1. Paterson unhappy with contract, refusing to play - Looks accurate and came out of nowhere so kudos for that.

2. Bidwell has been told he can leave (I've put it politely) - Accurate but we all knew he was probably leaving this window anyway.

3. Korey Smith also told he can go (assuming, being told to f'off means this) - Started on Saturday which casts some doubt on it but if we bring in a couple of CMs, where does this leave him? Probably surplus to requirements?

4. RM wants to bring in 3 players from MK Dons - hardly a revelation considering we've been linked with half their squad.

5. Players unhappy & don't like RM - no evidence of this based on Saturday's second half performance but we don't know which ones are unhappy. I can imagine quite a few have had their noses put out of joint (Bennett, Cabango, Fulton, Whittaker, Bidwell, Dhanda, Walsh, Hamer/Benda etc.) but I'd be amazed if the likes of Downes, Grimes, Piroe, Ntcham, Manning, Naughton have any issue.

6. Club want to sack him but can't afford to - would be very surprised.

I'd be amazed if the club want to sack Martin now after the work they done to get him here, although his comments about missing out on a player before Saturday's game and being frustrated could potentially be a sign there is a bit of friction but I still find it hard to believe it could be anywhere near that bad.

Hoping this is nothing, there is apparently two players coming in this week, Martin said Christie was his first choice to replace Laird so he hasn't been hung out to dry by the owners and there's still over two weeks of the window left.

Signing Christie to replace Laird isn’t really a biggie from the owners though B as far as we know it could be costing us less money,if you get my drift.

Risc said:
I'd be amazed if the club want to sack Martin now after the work they done to get him here, although his comments about missing out on a player before Saturday's game and being frustrated could potentially be a sign there is a bit of friction but I still find it hard to believe it could be anywhere near that bad.

Hoping this is nothing, there is apparently two players coming in this week, Martin said Christie was his first choice to replace Laird so he hasn't been hung out to dry by the owners and there's still over two weeks of the window left.

You probably need to consider where this information is coming from. As I said, there are probably a few established players who don't like RM. Not that I have an issue with that.

And on a side note there should be an unwritten rule in football that any player sacked by a football club for breach of contract or misconduct is not allowed to be signed by another club for one year of the sacking.
This player power has to be crushed.

I hope this doesn’t apply to JP

ARQS said:
Risc said:

You probably need to consider where this information is coming from. As I said, there are probably a few established players who don't like RM. Not that I have an issue with that.

You know where the information is coming from?

Risc said:

Sorry mate, no I don't.

I was just making the point that someone like Yan Dhanda is likely to have very differing views of things at the club to Flynn Downes.

ARQS said:
Risc said:

Sorry mate, no I don't.

I was just making the point that someone like Yan Dhanda is likely to have very differing views of things at the club to Flynn Downes.

Yes agreed mate, I just wondered if you were insinuating this text came from someone who would definitely know the ins and outs, ex player maybe.

The club wouldn’t have bought Fisher if they wanted Martin sacked would they?

Darran said:
Sit him in the stand until is contract runs out that’ll learn him.
I remember a few years back Bradley Orr the right back at Bristol City had 18 months to run on his contract and he’d been offered an improved one.
He was refusing to sign it so Gary Johnson said no problem sit in the stand.
He soon realised what side his bread was buttered on.

I get your point but at a reported £7k a week (approx £150k till the contract ends) I doubt the club can take that stance if there is a chance of a transfer

3swan said:
Darran said:
Sit him in the stand until is contract runs out that’ll learn him.
I remember a few years back Bradley Orr the right back at Bristol City had 18 months to run on his contract and he’d been offered an improved one.
He was refusing to sign it so Gary Johnson said no problem sit in the stand.
He soon realised what side his bread was buttered on.

I get your point but at a reported £7k a week (approx £150k till the contract ends) I doubt the club can take that stance if there is a chance of a transfer

Yes I agree with what you’re saying Clive but it would be magnificent if we were the club to make this stance.

Darran said:
3swan said:

Yes I agree with what you’re saying Clive but it would be magnificent if we were the club to make this stance.

If I point blank refused to do my job, I wouldn't be able to complain at not being paid. The whole thing since that Bosman ruling has tilted everything too far. Before that it was too much the other way, but there has to be a better model that stops all this shite.

monmouth said:
Darran said:

If I point blank refused to do my job, I wouldn't be able to complain at not being paid. The whole thing since that Bosman ruling has tilted everything too far. Before that it was too much the other way, but there has to be a better model that stops all this shite.

Absolutely spot on.
A club owned by an Russian oligarch or Sheik Yerbouti can get away with it perhaps but it’s madness.
I know football as a business works slightly differently but I remember saying about it on Planetswans when Chelsea signed Fernando Torres from Liverpool for £50million and gave him a five year contract at £5million a year.
That’s £75milliom and after five years he can walk away for nothing.
That can’t be right.

eteb said:
Swansea93 said:
The club wouldn’t have bought Fisher if they wanted Martin sacked would they?

this
I would like to think it were true, but we have seen it happen time and again at Swans and other clubs

As it's highly, highly unlikely he'll ever play for the Swans again we should 100% withhold his pay between now and the day hie's i the right mind to play.

Patto, you've made your choice to leave, why the fack you still here? Vermin using mental health to excuse your greed. Lowest of the low.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back