• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Pink Floyd night on Sky Arts tonight...

BrynCartwright

Mel Nurse
Reaction score
..from 6:30 with the Pompeii gig

Sky Arts is now also available on Freeview channel 11 for any Pink Floyd fans.

It's either this or the very exciting sounding Little Mix The Search on Beeb 1. :roll:

Enjoying this at the moment.
https://www.pbs.org/video/austin-city-limits-don-henley-heart-matter/

Saw Floyd once 30 years ago.
Lying on Lord Knebworth’s lawn late at night,stoned,listening to the music and watching the lasers.

It’s times like this I wish I was Marty McFly.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gPg04gFMDqg

Darran said:
Lying on Lord Knebworth’s lawn late at night,stoned,listening to the music and watching the lasers.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gPg04gFMDqg

I had a very similar evening with PF but at Hyde Park 50 years ago! 👍👍👍👍😎

Saw them on another couple of occasions, I know one was Brighton, not sure of the other one.

Darran said:

Did you see Zappa & The Tubes @ Knebworth in '78? (or wouldn't you have been old enough?) 😁😁

karnataka said:
Darran said:

Did you see Zappa & The Tubes @ Knebworth in '78? (or wouldn't you have been old enough?) 😁😁

Well I was kind of old enough I was 15 but sadly I didn’t. I did see The Beach Boys there in 1980 though.

BrynCartwright said:

It's either this or the very exciting sounding Little Mix The Search on Beeb 1. :roll:

I’m trying to watch it Bryn, but some bloke taking off on a runway in a hospital trolley seems a bit odd.

Lifelong said:
BrynCartwright said:

I’m trying to watch it Bryn, but some bloke taking off on a runway in a hospital trolley seems a bit odd.

This gig is without Roger Waters, so not quite the full compliment. The schism between Roger and David Gilmour continues to this day. Sad really that mega rich musicians cannot bury the hatchet on a decades long feud. Nick Mason on the other hand has an enormous and very rare car collection.

They got on reasonably well for a bit after Live 8 but I think they fell out again in an argument over remastering some old Floyd stuff. Waters must be a nightmare to deal with because Gilmour generally seems quite chilled.

Incidentally, Guy Pratt's (the bloke who replaced Waters on bass) autobiography is worth a read.

Dr. Winston said:
They got on reasonably well for a bit after Live 8 but I think they fell out again in an argument over remastering some old Floyd stuff. Waters must be a nightmare to deal with because Gilmour generally seems quite chilled.

Incidentally, Guy Pratt's (the bloke who replaced Waters on bass) autobiography is worth a read.

He was married to Wrights daughter.

Darran said:
Dr. Winston said:

He was married to Wrights daughter.

I know. Because I read his autobiography.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back