• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Pink Floyd

Mate of mine going to see the Australian Pink Floyd at Swansea Arena next Friday, they meant to be good.

jack123 said:
They are not very good max, I find them quite depressing to be honest, much better groups about in the 80s than those f*****g wankas, in fact Belinda Carlisle can sing a better tune, than those.. :D

Belinda Carlisle :lol: :lol: :lol:

Swanjaxs said:
Mate of mine going to see the Australian Pink Floyd at Swansea Arena next Friday, they meant to be good.

I've heard they are very good.

Arthurmorgan said:
I love Floyd, but I agree wholeheartedly with the art is subjective point you make, I absolutely detest Coldplay and I know I’m in minority.
what always annoys me with some people who like Floyd, is their “yeah you can’t listen to them unless you’re stoned”
I hear it quite a lot whenever this debate about Floyd comes up, I don’t care who likes who, it’s all about personal taste, but I don’t like it that people automatically assume as I like Floyd I’m some sort of drug addled drop out 😂

I think with Floyd they’re not a couple of listens and that’s a nice tune type of band.

You can’t listen to DSOTM or WYWH and be like it’s great after one or two listens. Piper at the gates of dawn is an amazing album but sounds terrible on one listen. I think this is often the case for genuinely great music.

For instance Oasis are a great one or two listen band. I now listen to their stuff and think it’s derivative rubbish on the whole.

Pegojack said:
I thought the 'Meddle' album was very good, 'Dark Side of the Moon' was an all time classic, one of the best rock albums of all time, and 'Wish You Were Here' was reasonably good.
Everything before and after was pretentious crap in my humble opinion.

Great picks there Pego, excellent albums, I liked the Wall to, some decent tracks in that album.

Arthurmorgan said:
I love Floyd, but I agree wholeheartedly with the art is subjective point you make, I absolutely detest Coldplay and I know I’m in minority.
what always annoys me with some people who like Floyd, is their “yeah you can’t listen to them unless you’re stoned”
I hear it quite a lot whenever this debate about Floyd comes up, I don’t care who likes who, it’s all about personal taste, but I don’t like it that people automatically assume as I like Floyd I’m some sort of drug addled drop out 😂

I've never been stoned in my life, I've been not sober 1 or 3 times though, if that counts :D

I've a much varied taste in music, I have my favourites of course and Floyd is one of them.

Arthurmorgan said:

Music is exactly that, it means different things to different people, at different moments and stages in their lives.

It all gets a bit silly when self proclaimed music aficionados insist they know what is good and what isn’t good.

I was a ‘drug addled drop out’ at one stage, but I still thought their music was crap 🤣

Neath_Jack said:
Music is exactly that, it means different things to different people, at different moments and stages in their lives.

It all gets a bit silly when self proclaimed music aficionados insist they know what is good and what isn’t good.

I was a ‘drug addled drop out’ at one stage, but I still thought their music was crap 🤣

And you still roll your own :lol:

Niigata Jack said:
Great picks there Pego, excellent albums, I liked the Wall to, some decent tracks in that album.

Animals was the one for me.

They can be depressing though. 123 is right there.

Back in the early 90's my mate would always be playing them and I'd constantly be moaning due to them offending my metal ears. One day I was so stoned I didn't have the energy to move and was forced to listen to the whole of the Animals album. Loved them ever since :D

Itchysphincter said:
:lol:

Not to worry, I have some dubious taste too……..

As it happens I recently went down a bit of a rabbit hole which I believe you’d thoroughly enjoy! I recently watched Decline Of Western Civilisation part II again which I haven’t seen for many years, great fun and took me back to my teens, it’s on Prime if you search it up. That took me on to a My5 doc called When 80’s Metal Ruled The World (or something similar) which is basically the same thing and just rehashes all the old Kerrang stories from back in the day. I’m currently on Ep3 of four.

Let me know when you’ve watched them. :D

I almost watched Decline Of Western Civilisation part II this week. One of my reports at work is leaving for another job, he's acting up a bit and I gave him the line about not fkg with people on the way up because you might meet them on the way down. Know I first heard it in that film but could remember if Ozzy or Lemmy said it and wanted to confirm. Think that's my afternoon sorted, thanks for reminding me.

Arthurmorgan said:
I wouldn’t say you were drunk because of opinion, but, where I’m from, saying pink Floyd are crap is fighting talk!
But I’ve moved from there so you’re entitled to your opinion 😂
I’ll do ew in a game of tiddly winks or something instead 😂

On reflection, me calling them crap was quite a bold statement to make, so I withdraw that remark, and what I would like to say is they are not my cup of tea.

I suppose with music, nothing can be truly crap, even if 99 people out of a hundred said that song is rubbish, but one person say's it's not, then it's not.

jack123 said:
On reflection, me calling them crap was quite a bold statement to make, so I withdraw that remark, and what I would like to say is they are not my cup of tea.

I suppose with music, nothing can be truly crap, even if 99 people out of a hundred said that song is rubbish, but one person say's it's not, then it's not.

Exactly. When people say “that song/band/album/film/tv show/anything is crap” what they actually mean is they don’t like it. Which is fine obviously.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back