• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Prepare for another lockdown

• Thread starter Monty
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 89
  • Views: Views 17,118
I’ve no time for Johnson and think he’s worse than a joke as PM and his handling of this has been reprehensible. I’m ambivalent about Drakeford, Sturgeon et al. Tell you what though, you couldn’t pay me enough to be a politician who has to make the decisions in these circumstances. There is literally no right answer despite everyone who claims to know what we should be doing. Usually on twitter.

One of the biggest problems is that whatever happens it relies on the common sense of the general public at the same time...

Lifelong said:
Darran said:
He’s talking about a so called ‘circuit breaker’ but every school in Wales is going to remain open.

Does that make sense to anyone?
Anyone?

https://twitter.com/itvwales/status/1317079077812043778?s=21

No, it doesn’t make a lot of sense, they will probably utilise the half term break, or even extend it for a week or two, in any lockdown measures.

What do people want the Welsh Government to do? It appears that some want them to do nothing and allow the virus to run rampant through the population. As Drakeford has said, ‘ Doing nothing is not an option’.

It does, as there is no proof kids spread it, particularly primary age.

benny said:
Lifelong said:
No, it doesn’t make a lot of sense, they will probably utilise the half term break, or even extend it for a week or two, in any lockdown measures.

What do people want the Welsh Government to do? It appears that some want them to do nothing and allow the virus to run rampant through the population. As Drakeford has said, ‘ Doing nothing is not an option’.

It does, as there is no proof kids spread it, particularly primary age.
Kids are human beings - well, most of them, so it's obvious they can catch and spread it just like any other person can, except they themselves won't get sick

PSumbler said:
One of the biggest problems is that whatever happens it relies on the common sense of the general public at the same time...

Common sense is not so common during these dark days.

Darran said:
He’s talking about a so called ‘circuit breaker’ but every school in Wales is going to remain open.

Does that make sense to anyone?
Anyone?

https://twitter.com/itvwales/status/1317079077812043778?s=21

And not even an extension to half term.

Missus' beautician has just asked if she can move her appointment from next sat to Fri as there'll be a lockdown come Friday evening.

Why are they allowed to do this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJ1m_EpH7A0

How can anyone think this isn't a real virus?

I get that they may be critical of the handling of it but surely many of these idiots know people who have died from it as well?

PSumbler said:

I get that they may be critical of the handling of it but surely many of these idiots know people who have died from it as well?

They're the type of people I thought only existed online as trolls. You have people old enough to be grandparents shouting about the new world order. The world's gone mad.

PSumbler said:

Tbh Phil, sadly I've known lot more people last 9 months who've died from cancer than covid.

PSumbler said:

I think the problem is, why are they lying to us? Surely in a true pandemic there would be no need for it. It only seems a little while ago, that they had to adjust the figures for including RTA/ accident victims as died of covid..

Even when you look at the daily new statistics where they report new cases, and also the deaths, I notice in the small print they died after receiving a positive covid test, well for me that means absolutely nothing.. Die of a heart attack, but tested positive for c19, assume they died of it.. I ask myself why, do they need to fiddle and manipulate the numbers.

Also this PCR test, is coming under a lot more scrutiny, many people saying it's worthless.

Neath_Jack said:
Jack12345 said:
The average age of people who die from Covid is 82 and from other deceases 81, and now deaths from other illness are going through the roof and are higher and escalating far more than Covid deaths.

Where are you going to put everyone who needs critical care?

Google how many beds we have in South Wales, and check out how many are currently full.

Taking into account we haven't even got to the traditional flu and infection season yet.

My grandparents are both over 90, I take zero comfort in your average age stat.

Mate your in a bit of a state over this Covid which is fair enough, you like many other have been scared shitless by everything that is being drummed into your mindset, but you really need to start preparing yourself for when the ticking time bomb of undiagnosed illness comes into play the Covid will be just a drop in the ocean compared to that, just you wait and see.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back