• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action

Aberhugh

North Banker
Reaction score
The violent scenes today in the East stand are a disgrace and were instigated by a group who have in the past displayed openly racist behaviour. During the Cardiff game my daughter and I called out two of this group for shouting racist insults which were vile. Prior to this she had spoken to them about booing taking the knee to which the reply was 'It's political'
Following the game I e-mailed the club with detailed information about the racist behaviour of this group. There was also health and safety concerns regarding these people standing on seats and when we scored and falling on to supporters in front of them and injuring one guy.
I made it clear that I felt this behaviour would be repeated and some overt stewarding would be required with senior stewards present. If my suggestions had been implemented decisive intervention today when the flags were displayed would have prevented the violent scenes. I feel let down by the club and unsupported when tackling racism on the terraces. Lots of fine words before the Cardiff game have not been backed up by action to root out racists. The club must support the fans when they call out racist behaviour as well as their players. My wife tackled them today about booing taking the knee.
I exchanged a number of e-mails with people in the club and identified the problem and perpetrators. The club must now take action to stop this blatant racism and protect the health and safety of supporters. It is time they took seriously their duty of care to us and not leave it to us to police people's behaviour.

Are you the chap that phoned in to Radio Wales a while back, about racism? If it was, it was one of the most powerful things over ever heard on a sports phone in. It was very moving.

Aberhugh said:
The violent scenes today in the East stand are a disgrace and were instigated by a group who have in the past displayed openly racist behaviour. During the Cardiff game my daughter and I called out two of this group for shouting racist insults which were vile. Prior to this she had spoken to them about booing taking the knee to which the reply was 'It's political'
Following the game I e-mailed the club with detailed information about the racist behaviour of this group. There was also health and safety concerns regarding these people standing on seats and when we scored and falling on to supporters in front of them and injuring one guy.
I made it clear that I felt this behaviour would be repeated and some overt stewarding would be required with senior stewards present. If my suggestions had been implemented decisive intervention today when the flags were displayed would have prevented the violent scenes. I feel let down by the club and unsupported when tackling racism on the terraces. Lots of fine words before the Cardiff game have not been backed up by action to root out racists. The club must support the fans when they call out racist behaviour as well as their players. My wife tackled them today about booing taking the knee.
I exchanged a number of e-mails with people in the club and identified the problem and perpetrators. The club must now take action to stop this blatant racism and protect the health and safety of supporters. It is time they took seriously their duty of care to us and not leave it to us to police people's behaviour.
So if you boo the taking the knee that makes you racist then?because I don't agree with taking the knee but I'm not racist

Hillbillyjack said:
Aberhugh said:
So if you boo the taking the knee that makes you racist then?because I don't agree with taking the knee but I'm not racist

I bet you’ve got black friends and everything.

What's the problem with booing, people don't moan at people who clap.

Hillbillyjack said:
Aberhugh said:

I've been to NFL games in this country and in the States. I find the obsession with the armed forces at the games bewildering, but it's never crossed my mind to boo because I don't like it. I simply stand/sit there quietly and don't join in with the hand over the heart/saluting stuff going on around me. This has the dual effect of supporting my beliefs while not winding up the people around me.

I see your identical thread on another website has brought out the usual "all lives matter" and associated mental gymnastics, to deny there being an issue. Incredible, but oh so predictable. Always seems to be the people that don't actually attend the games that have the most to say as well.

Neath_Jack said:
I see your identical thread on another website has brought out the usual "all lives matter" and associated mental gymnastics, to deny there being an issue. Incredible, but oh so predictable. Always seems to be the people that don't actually attend the games that have the most to say as well.

When I saw the thread on both sites I thought it would be interesting to see the comparative reactions to it. I don’t think anyone will be surprised at how it’s been received.

JackSomething said:
Hillbillyjack said:

I've been to NFL games in this country and in the States. I find the obsession with the armed forces at the games bewildering, but it's never crossed my mind to boo because I don't like it. I simply stand/sit there quietly and don't join in with the hand over the heart/saluting stuff going on around me. This has the dual effect of supporting my beliefs while not winding up the people around me.
Indeed.

exiledclaseboy said:
Neath_Jack said:

When I saw the thread on both sites I thought it would be interesting to see the comparative reactions to it. I don’t think anyone will be surprised at how it’s been received.

Dr Parsnip aye :lol:

Hillbillyjack said:

That’s not what Aberhugh said though. Two issues have been cited, one of which is racially motivated comments coming from this group.

We’ve always had a bit of a racist fan base. When I started going in the mid to late 80s, it was quite prevalent down the Vetch then, but also throughout the country in general.
Opposition black players were always subjected to the moronic monkey chants, I particularly remember Don Page from Wigan, and Carl Richards from Peterborough getting rough abuse.
Certainly died down when moving to the Liberty but the racist element seems to have returned recently.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back