• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Racist Pub

Turns out the landlord of the pub proudly displaying outdated racial stereotypes is a massive racist. Imagine everyone’s surprise.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2023/apr/13/essex-police-investigating-golliwog-pub-display-examine-landlord-lynching-post

exiledclaseboy said:
Turns out the landlord of the pub proudly displaying outdated racial stereotypes is a massive racist. Imagine everyone’s surprise.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2023/apr/13/essex-police-investigating-golliwog-pub-display-examine-landlord-lynching-post

And they’ve been kicked out of CAMRA. 😉

https://twitter.com/camra_official/status/1646468732531687424?s=61&t=8BnvJmDLISdr7hKzaW8FKg

exiledclaseboy said:

What a silly article!! Surely it tells you more about the Guardian, than the landlord, that the so called journalists had to go back 7 years to do a hit piece on him? I haven't seen the full facebook post, but it does on initial glance look slightly out of context? I'm thinking why do they not put a full screenshot up?

Plenty of racists around in this uneducated backward country. Most aren’t as openly bigoted as this bloke.

jack123 said:
What a silly article!! Surely it tells you more about the Guardian, than the landlord, that the so called journalists had to go back 7 years to do a hit piece on him? I haven't seen the full facebook post, but it does on initial glance look slightly out of context? I'm thinking why do they not put a full screenshot up?

You’ll never change.

Whatever people think of the issue of these dolls and how the police handled it, the landlady seems to be handling it badly. Why put more dolls up considering the situation?

Perhaps she thinks they'll get floods of business in support of them and this is actually an extremely clever bit of free publicity to market their pub as the place to go for the 'I'm not racist, but...' mob? Or she's just a bit twp. I know where I'd put my money.

Also, I love that the 62 year old white woman insists that she doesn't find the dolls or the word 'wog' to be racist. No shit Sherlock.

jack123 said:

Racist poster sees nothing wrong with racist landlord shock.

monmouth said:
Plenty of racists around in this uneducated backward country. Most aren’t as openly bigoted as this bloke.

It genuinely makes you absolutely despair at the state of this country at the moment.

And the state of political parties that think pandering to the completely stupid is a winning strategy.

Londonlisa2001 said:
It genuinely makes you absolutely despair at the state of this country at the moment.

And the state of political parties that think pandering to the completely stupid is a winning strategy.

Never felt so hopeless. 13 years in the making, pandering to racists, xenophobes and bigots in the pursuit of power and wealth at the expense of a nation. Plenty still have sh!t in their eyes and ears.

jack123 said:

I can’t say I’m surprised that racists support racists.

After re-reading the article, I'd like to withdraw my comments from last night, for some reason, I didn't read the way the landlord was displaying them, so what was said after that part, made no sense.

jack123 said:
After re-reading the article, I'd like to withdraw my comments from last night, for some reason, I didn't read the way the landlord was displaying them, so what was said after that part, made no sense.

That’s not like you. But tidy anyway. Always good to see people acknowledging the error of their ways.

jack123 said:

Does it ever cause you wonder that when you jump to conclusions it’s to assume that accusations of racist or other bigoted behaviour are without foundation?

Imagine how you would feel if this was directed at you. Just on a basic human level surely you must empathise.

This case makes me feel absolutely sick to the stomach that such views exist.

And a national newspaper publishing what amounts to a defence of it. Presumably because they think that’s what their readership wants to hear. Utterly disgusting.

Swansea City v Stoke City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back