• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Ramsey to Cardiff

• Thread starter Risc
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 76
  • Views: Views 11,510
Risc said:
Apart from you.

You had posts deleted yesterday for being so vile to me, you’ve brought stuff from Twitter and told me everyone things I’m a knob, amongst other things. All for what? For a tongue in cheek comment about our neighbours signing Ramsey, advising you to listen to Lisa re Cravatt and being right about Russell Martin. :lol:

This all stops the moment you stop your attacks, which will be easy being as you don’t care. :lol:

Itchysphincter said:
You had posts deleted yesterday for being so vile to me, you’ve brought stuff from Twitter and told me everyone things I’m a knob, amongst other things. All for what? For a tongue in cheek comment about our neighbours signing Ramsey, advising you to listen to Lisa re Cravatt and being right about Russell Martin. :lol:

This all stops the moment you stop your attacks, which will be easy being as you don’t care. :lol:

Vile 😂, you’re not right in the head.

It’s not me on twitter using your posts on here to try and highlight how thick our fanbase is, they picked the right person to make a point out of though, I’ll give them that.

I was literally asking Lisa for her views, I’ve not disagreed with her about anything, I’ve just said I’ll wait to see what materialises when they make their statement after the window, you just decided to get involved with it by making remarks about me.

You wasn’t right about Russell Martin, literally all the evidence suggests this imaginary agreement you had was never in place, he was due in the states the week Southampton came in for him, but we'll never agree so no point going over the same issues.

No, this isn't stopping, definitely not.

Going to have my say on the signing and the the bigger picture.

Seems that Cardiff ate making some good signings, throwing a bit of money on wages for sure and the reality it's been put on ageing players or loan players so very little to no re sale value.......for a club that is losing money and with financial obligations regards the Sala saga then it's a big worry surely!?

Ramsey is an excellent signing on the face of it, a player at an age who can still do something but delivered very little in the last few years and seems to be a broken unit when on Welsh duty.

Iy will either see them sit firmly in the league or its going to back fire massively, the latter is what tends to happen for them but they are due a swing in fortune so will be interesting to see how it goes with them.
Talk of another couple of quality signings that would undoubtably come with a big wages should really start raising a few alarm bells but I think they will just get carried away with it and supported by plonkers like Abbandanto who should be the guy raising the concerns.

He played a lot more games and minutes for Nice last season than I expected. A lot more minutes on the pitch than Allen managed here and completed the full 90 minutes a lot more times than Joe (7 games compared to 2 for Joe).

A lot of us would be delighted to be signing him if we were in their shoes. Plus they were heartbroken Bale went to LA, so their reaction to this one coming off is understandable.

JackSomething said:
He played a lot more games and minutes for Nice last season than I expected. A lot more minutes on the pitch than Allen managed here and completed the full 90 minutes a lot more times than Joe (7 games compared to 2 for Joe).

A lot of us would be delighted to be signing him if we were in their shoes. Plus they were heartbroken Bale went to LA, so their reaction to this one coming off is understandable.

I don’t agree with itch about his contributions for Wales (I think losing him for the semi against Portugal basically did for us), but I think he’s done. We welcomed Joe back the same way and he has been utterly pointless through injury and just being gassed with too many miles. I expect Ramsey to go the same way for them. Both a poor use of limited funds based on reminiscing imo.

monmouth said:
I don’t agree with itch about his contributions for Wales (I think losing him for the semi against Portugal basically did for us), but I think he’s done. We welcomed Joe back the same way and he has been utterly pointless through injury and just being gassed with too many miles. I expect Ramsey to go the same way for them. Both a poor use of limited funds based on reminiscing imo.

I hope you're right. I agree he's been great for Wales in the past and looked terrible more recently, but not sure how much of the blame for that goes on Page.

I suppose it depends on what Cardiff want him to do. If they want him to stay in the middle of the pitch and play quarterback, it could work out well. If they want him to be the box-to-box midfielder he was in his prime, that seems likely to end poorly.

JackSomething said:
I hope you're right. I agree he's been great for Wales in the past and looked terrible more recently, but not sure how much of the blame for that goes on Page.

I suppose it depends on what Cardiff want him to do. If they want him to stay in the middle of the pitch and play quarterback, it could work out well. If they want him to be the box-to-box midfielder he was in his prime, that seems likely to end poorly.

See for me, quarter back would be the exact position I wouldn’t want him. Don’t think he has the defensive know how, free role in the ten position playing between lines with no emphasis on tracking runners etc.

Risc said:
See for me, quarter back would be the exact position I wouldn’t want him. Don’t think he has the defensive know how, free role in the ten position playing between lines with no emphasis on tracking runners etc.

When I say play quaterback, I mean freedom to stay in the middle of the pitch and dictate play when Cardiff have the ball, with more defensive minded players around him so he's not required to do too much chasing when they're out of possession.

What you say about the 10 position may well work better, similar idea but further up the pitch.

No way can Ramsey play that holding or defensive role, when he has done it from his younger years to today it has been a horror show for him.
Ramsey needs to be an 8 or a 10, he plays on reaction and can't play with a plan that is required more in that deeper role.......the WC games were an absolute disaster where he regularly gave the ball away and showed little to no interest in tracking back.

I know how I would play him but talk of another high profile attacking midfielder might upset the balance and where he plays that's best for him and I turn what's best for the team.

monmouth said:

Good post.

I've always liked Rambo. Miles from his peek but can still do a job. I really hope he doesn't go there.

phact0rri said:
I've always liked Rambo. Miles from his peek but can still do a job. I really hope he doesn't go there.

He is there.

My feeling is that he's a spent force. It's him rather than Joe who should have retired from Wales duty I'm afraid. When I saw him with Nice he seemed to jog about the place rather aimlessly, contributing very little. Against Armenia he was as culpable as anyone else for the horror show, even more so in the World Cup no show by Wales. A midfield without Joe Allen against Armenia, and without anything near to a fit Allen at the World Cup, looked absolutely bereft. When you consider the minimal impact Joe Allen had here, the fact that Rambo is even further down the road than Allen, I'm not expecting anything huge from him. There will be touches of brilliance from him, on the top of his game he can still do the magic, that turn when he created that goal for Brennan Johnson in the Nations League was a thing of beauty. But here's the issue, Cardiff have no one with anywhere near the quality of Johnson to feed off him. A player like Ramsey needs quality around him, quality Cardiff simply don't posess. Trying to align those camoes of brilliance with anything resembling quality from his teammates will prove to be virtually impossible and rarer than hen's teeth in my opinion.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back