• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Realistic Replacements

FelindreJack

Tommy Hutchison
Reaction score
So if/when Russ gets the boot, who could realistically replace him?

I think there are 3 realistic replacements, small, medium and large

images

Well Planet Swans has all the answers, we should promote from within. Id go with Monmouth, with that cuntry fella as his #2 to instill some positivety in the squad

Edit. Grammar

Itchysphincter said:
Gustavo Poyet.

If we pay Russ and his mates off I can't see us paying compensation for a manager in work.

I would love us to have a go at bringing in Steven Schumacher, the Plymouth manager. Arguably got one over on Russ in pre season (granted, it’s not difficult) and has taken Plymouth from 7th to 2nd in League 1, playing some pretty decent football.

Would he leave promotion chasing Plymouth to join the doldrums of the mid-to-lower end of the Championship? Who knows. But he works on a shoestring at Plymouth.

Martin is the worst in the league.
Every other manager ,no matter how many injuries affect his squad,no matter how bad a run of results,always beat Russ.
Blackpool were very unlucky and they are bottom .
Personally,I would welcome Lucifer himself as he d give us some fire at least.
It is not fans job to source staff for the club

Pegojack said:
Could we tempt Phil Parkinson from the Gogs?

Probably not .
That said,when we are free of Martin, plenty of coaches would apply. We have a lot to be proud of ,but right now ,we are in the basement .

We should not sell ourselves short .

Anyone with a modicum of tactical nous would fare better than Russell. Let's be honest, he wasn't even our first choice and he certainly pulled up no trees at MK Dons. His transfers have been a disaster. 3 wins in 19 was it? Plus the Blackpool win needed an OG. It's difficult to do much worse.

I would be looking at Oscar Garcia personally.
Without a club, good experience if abroad and in the UK.

Been a little ropey in his last 2 appointments but I think he would be a good fit.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back