• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Rob Scott - Rotheram (Allen replacement)

• Thread starter Risc
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 10
  • Views: Views 1,347

Risc

Alan Curtis
Reaction score
https://www.footballinsider247.com/sources-swansea-city-set-sights-on-luring-rotherham-united-chief-scott/?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1652178814

Head of our list to replace Allen apparently. Worked at Brentford aswell.

I'm pretty sure footballinsider is Peter O'Rourke's so could be some truth in it. We were rumoured to be looking in league 1 for the replacment aswell so fits.

***Apparently Andy Scott's brother?!?!

We are shopping in League 1 because we can’t afford to shop any higher up the pyramid.

Imagine if we hadn't got promoted in the first full season under Martinez and Championship clubs came sniffing around the likes of Bodde, Scotland, Williams...

I'm sure fans of those Championship clubs would have been delighted once the season kicked off and they saw how good those 'League 1' players were. If we appoint someone who can help us pick up some of the better L1 players at good value, I'll be delighted.

JackSomething said:
Imagine if we hadn't got promoted in the first full season under Martinez and Championship clubs came sniffing around the likes of Bodde, Scotland, Williams...

I'm sure fans of those Championship clubs would have been delighted once the season kicked off and they saw how good those 'League 1' players were. If we appoint someone who can help us pick up some of the better L1 players at good value, I'll be delighted.
This, people moaning about L1 etc the lower leagues are producing some great players, we had Mark Gower from L1 the year we got promoted to the Prem, not mention the likes of Dorus, Dobbie and Jason Scotland picked up in the minor leagues in Scotland.

I saw a post the other day saying Luton have spent a total of £3.5m on their squad to get into the play-offs. That's the sort of scouting we need.

Swansea93 said:
JackSomething said:

This, people moaning about L1 etc the lower leagues are producing some great players, we had Mark Gower from L1 the year we got promoted to the Prem, not mention the likes of Dorus, Dobbie and Jason Scotland picked up in the minor leagues in Scotland.

Despite the bad rep that Gower got it was never due to lack of effort - I actually lost count of how many times he hit the post or crossbar trying to score in a competitive game (I remember when he scored a hat trick in a friendly and he thought his hoodoo was over).

And indeed for every player we picked up from a prem club like Britton we picked up a bunch from the lower leagues who became our mainstays such as Ash from Stockport if memory serves. I remember under Roberto half the summer was spent trying to figure out who the seemingly random players he recruited were :lol:

jackjackjackjack said:
I saw a post the other day saying Luton have spent a total of £3.5m on their squad to get into the play-offs. That's the sort of scouting we need.

They also don't have an astronomical gap between their turnover and wage bill like other clubs, and indeed us, have. They're absolutely the model to follow. Saying that, we used to be that same model on our rise.

bakajack said:
Swansea93 said:

Despite the bad rep that Gower got it was never due to lack of effort - I actually lost count of how many times he hit the post or crossbar trying to score in a competitive game (I remember when he scored a hat trick in a friendly and he thought his hoodoo was over).

And indeed for every player we picked up from a prem club like Britton we picked up a bunch from the lower leagues who became our mainstays such as Ash from Stockport if memory serves. I remember under Roberto half the summer was spent trying to figure out who the seemingly random players he recruited were :lol:

Well yes. Who the hell is this oddly named Angel Rangel bloke? And he can’t be any good from Spain’s eighth tier.

J_B said:
Well yes. Who the hell is this oddly named Angel Rangel bloke? And he can’t be any good from Spain’s eighth tier.

£22K wasn't it. Tight scum owners, splash the cash, buy Ross McDrinkdrive for £11m.

Everyone looks for these now though, so our competitive advantage has to be in developing players that are not the finished article and building a team that plays to their strengths and hides their weaknesses. That is, superior management that makes the best of our resources. Oh...

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back