• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Ronald Martins signing

Seems to have good pace, not as fast as Montero was but arguably you could say that Montero was TOO quick, his legs couldn't cope with the demands of his high speed stop start dribbling style.

Ronald seems to have good decision making and delivery, happy to graft for the team and can shoot with his right foot and left. If this comes off it looks like a very good signing to be honest.

Too fast for the rest of our team.

Who can keep up and be at the end of a cross?

Well I was moaning about us needing to find gems abroad and lo and behold this one pops in from left field. Great if it comes off but we desperately need a decent playmaking Centre mid a la Bodde to get the best out of this fella. Grimes tapping it back to the centre halves at 2-3mph isn’t going to get this man in the front foot where we need him to be. Either way a welcome but of news after a depressing week.

So long as we have safely navigated the 3rd party ownership minefield that is south American players then I am all for this.

How will he get a work permit then?

The Club has one Elite Significant Contribution slots left for this season, so I imagine it is going to Ronald. They originally had three, but Myka and Tjoe-a-On must have had the other two (as they’re the only other two young European players we signed without much first team experience). Next season the Club should have four, which means it’ll have one slot free to sign another youngster (assuming there are no sales).

There’s a good explanation of how it works here: https://analyticsfc.co.uk/blog/2023...be-guidance-opens-up-recruitment-post-brexit/

Wales Online showing a photo he posted on his instagram saying "History in the making" and a hand with a pen emoji. Obviously its never over until we see the player holding the shirt (and even then not always) but its looking like a done deal

This had all the makings on turning out to be anything but average. He'll either tear the place up or have the look of a parks player.

Can't help feel for some reason that he'll be another player like Montero who can never get fit

Looks like he's got a decent right and left foot... scored a couple of long rangers with both feet
Hmm. "Ronald ... has played 17 times in the Primeira Liga this season, scoring one goal." Obviously he's not being signed to score goals but you'd expect more. Anyways good luck to him of course.

Even if he does sign, we shouldn't expect too much too soon.
He's a young man who will be moving to a totally alien culture and a new club with new colleagues and support staff to get used to. I presume he only speaks Portuguese? Have we got anyone who can communicate with him?

Watson can communicate with him, he's got form for speaking a different language to rest of us.

Even if he does sign, we shouldn't expect too much too soon.
He's a young man who will be moving to a totally alien culture and a new club with new colleagues and support staff to get used to. I presume he only speaks Portuguese? Have we got anyone who can communicate with him?
Its also worth pointing out that Portuguese and Brazilian Portuguese while they might be very similar are also different languages. I had this pointed out to me when I used to moderate a video game discord lol

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back