• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Russell’s bitterness to Swansea

Cooperman said:
I assume this is in response to me.

Bringing mental illness into the argument isn’t a good look.

The five that we lost in January were Finn Stevens (almost certainly recalled as his development was being stunted), Brandon Cooper and Garrick who both went to FGR, Obafemi (who Martin wouldn’t use for whatever reason) and Ogbeta. Hardly a game changer in our quest for promotion.

As for the planning of a slow death, we were neither going up or down. There was no point in throwing more money around at that particular time. Ironically the thing which stopped the season petering out was Martin overcoming his stubbornness in terms of tactical approach.

Bottom line, you’re right in that you’ve got nothing to offer.

You should never assume, no more so than in this instance where there were several people saying similar nonsense, so I wasn't singling out anyone in particular.

As for a so called 'quest for promotion', come 1 Feb we were more likely to be relegated. So again, with that risk hanging over us at the time, I repeat, you'd have to have a screw loose to think the Yanks would risk us dropping into League One just to play power games with Martin. And believe me, there aren't many people who can't stand K&L more than me, if I thought that was a stick to beat them with, I would. They're stupid, but not that stupid.

Nope, it's tinfoil hat stuff alright. The reality is, they just f*cked up the Jan window through their usual incompetence. No more to it than that.

cadleigh said:
Spot on. The Board made a stupid error (not for the first time) in offering a three year contract to a relative rookie who was (I believe) not even our second choice for the job. By the half way mark it was clear that they had lost faith in him and he was looking for an exit strategy - ideally one that saw him failing upwards. But with 18 months of his contract still to run, a potentially horrible price to pay for putting him on gardening leave, and raw memories of the same thing happening with Cooper (how little they learned from that experience…), turning off the money taps last Christmas was their way of (at best) forcing his resignation or (at worst) at least repeating another Fisher debacle. Sound strategy for getting out of a hole of their own making. Of course, none of us could foresee Martin reacting by ripping up his own playbook, as a result of which his actually fairly decent squad could go on a run which made him marketable again, saving the Board from having to put him on garden leave for the last year of his contract.

Turning off the money taps when we were plummeting down the table and looking more likely to tumble into League One than get in the play offs, really? Really?

I mean, the Yanks are clueless. But they're not that stupid.

But then, I suppose someone with a pathological and borderline-disturbing hatred of Martin would come up with Ickeian theories like that. It's not surprising really.

Ex manager criticised for telling the truth.. couldn’t make it up if you tried.

On the 14th of January we were on 38 points, 12 clear of relegation and 2 off the top six but on a downward trajectory. Martin was spouting all sorts of nonsense but we were never in danger of relegation.

Therefore it was pretty clear that unless it was a low cost loan - bearing in mind the manager's misuse of the loan players - or a free signing then the Americans clearly didn't want to throw good money after bad.

A4Jack said:
On the 14th of January we were on 38 points, 12 clear of relegation and 2 off the top six but on a downward trajectory. Martin was spouting all sorts of nonsense but we were never in danger of relegation.

Therefore it was pretty clear that unless it was a low cost loan - bearing in mind the manager's misuse of the loan players - or a free signing then the Americans clearly didn't want to throw good money after bad.

Apart from them trying to sign Karlan Grant and make him the highest paid player. Apart from that aye.

Copamundial said:
Ex manager criticised for telling the truth.. couldn’t make it up if you tried.

Well said.

I've only been posting on this site a couple of weeks, but even in that short space of time I've been astounded at the lengths people will go to to make Martin the devil, spouting crackpot theories about inside jobs to take him down, whilst all the time overlooking all the vast empirical evidence that in fact, he was just the latest in a long line of stooges for the Yanks. Potter was treated like crap, so was Cooper, so was Martin. I mean, for heaven's sake, Cooper chose to go on the dole rather than remain our manager :lol:

But apparently, to point all this out makes you Russell Martin's live-in lover.

It's a funny old game, as a certain Mr J Greaves used to say!

Andrew - North Hill said:
Well said.

I've only been posting on this site a couple of weeks, but even in that short space of time I've been astounded at the lengths people will go to to make Martin the devil, spouting crackpot theories about inside jobs to take him down, whilst all the time overlooking all the vast empirical evidence that in fact, he was just the latest in a long line of stooges for the Yanks. Potter was treated like crap, so was Cooper, so was Martin. I mean, for heaven's sake, Cooper chose to go on the dole rather than remain our manager :lol:

But apparently, to point all this out makes you Russell Martin's live-in lover.

It's a funny old game, as a certain Mr J Greaves used to say!

I bet you've still got some if his soiled Y fronts and his poster on your wall..... Do you still text him all day even though he's gone.

Turning off the money taps when we were plummeting down the table and looking more likely to tumble into League One than get in the play offs, really? Really?

I mean, the Yanks are clueless. But they're not that stupid.

But then, I suppose someone with a pathological and borderline-disturbing hatred of Martin would come up with Ickeian theories like that. It's not surprising really.

On the day the window opened we had just beaten Watford 4-0 and we were 12th in the Championship, one point off the play-offs but out of contention for the automatic promotion places. On the day the window closed we were in 11th place. The lowest we dropped during the window was 15th. Not exactly ‘plummeting down the table and looking more likely to tumble into League One than get in the play-offs’, was it?

You should never assume, no more so than in this instance where there were several people saying similar nonsense, so I wasn't singling out anyone in particular.

As for a so called 'quest for promotion', come 1 Feb we were more likely to be relegated. So again, with that risk hanging over us at the time, I repeat, you'd have to have a screw loose to think the Yanks would risk us dropping into League One just to play power games with Martin. And believe me, there aren't many people who can't stand K&L more than me, if I thought that was a stick to beat them with, I would. They're stupid, but not that stupid.

Nope, it's tinfoil hat stuff alright. The reality is, they just f*cked up the Jan window through their usual incompetence. No more to it than that.

We were never going to get relegated, the squad was too good for that. It was only the Keystone Cops approach to defending that dragged us near the word, but thankfully common sense prevailed and Martin adjusted the system.

What exactly were you expecting in January? It's always a difficult window to work in and there was almost no point in throwing cash at players who would not see us progress in the long term. How did they f*ck it up?

Cooperman said:
We were never going to get relegated, the squad was too good for that. It was only the Keystone Cops approach to defending that dragged us near the word, but thankfully common sense prevailed and Martin adjusted the system.

What exactly were you expecting in January? It's always a difficult window to work in and there was almost no point in throwing cash at players who would not see us progress in the long term. How did they f*ck it up?

This should answer your last question.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/endless-missed-targets-another-deadline-26087917

Neath_Jack said:

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/endless-missed-targets-another-deadline-26087917

Ahh yes, we failed to sign anyone from a list of potential loans who were unlikely to shape our season one way or the other, choosing not to get financially shafted at the same time.

Neath_Jack said:

But, but, but Kaplan, Levien and the other 27 hedge funders have all lost millions mun, we should be lucky to have them...

Cooperman said:
Ahh yes, we failed to sign anyone from a list of potential loans who were unlikely to shape our season one way or the other, choosing not to get financially shafted at the same time.

:lol:

Swanjaxs said:
But, but, but Kaplan, Levien the other hedge funders have all lost millions mun, we should be lucky to have them...

This isn't an attempt to turn this into an appreciation thread for our American owners, far from it.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back