• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Russell’s bitterness to Swansea

Quite frankly I am glad we didnt give Martin any more money

Look at the massive f**k ups he managed when we did

Whatever way you look at the Martin transfer dealings there aren't many great signings in there.

Cooperman said:
This isn't an attempt to turn this into an appreciation thread for our American owners, far from it.

Fair enough, because in my opinion they have bummed us royaly and continue to do so.

10 dollars in, 5 dollars out is how hedge funds work apparently

Swanjaxs said:
Fair enough, because in my opinion they have bummed us royaly and continue to do so.

10 dollars in, 5 dollars out is how hedge funds work apparently

I won't go that far.

PSumbler said:
Quite frankly I am glad we didnt give Martin any more money

Look at the massive f**k ups he managed when we did

Whatever way you look at the Martin transfer dealings there aren't many great signings in there.

Perfectly valid point of view. The Fisher and Darling signings will always be used as a stick to beat him with (and fair enough, they're poor players). I think it's fair to say he didn't get a lot right in the transfer market (although, like his predecessors, he probably had to make do with 3rd or 4th choices most of the time).

But there's no way January was a machiavellian plot to f*ck up a transfer window on purpose, as some are claiming. It's comical watching them double down on it though.

Cooperman said:
It's true though, eh?

What's true? That your opinion is that the players we were linked to were crap? No idea if that's your question.

The owners royally fucked up the transfer window, that is an undeniabe fact. Mitch covered it well if you ask me.

Don't confuse me with someone that loves Martin mind, in January I was one of the first posters on here who was saying that I hope the owners don't give him any money for new players that window, I wanted him gone without wasting anymore of the clubs money on duds. I'm just trying to add some balance to the histrionics on this and other threads on the bloke.

Andrew - North Hill said:
Perfectly valid point of view. The Fisher and Darling signings will always be used as a stick to beat him with (and fair enough, they're poor players). I think it's fair to say he didn't get a lot right in the transfer market (although, like his predecessors, he probably had to make do with 3rd or 4th choices most of the time).

But there's no way January was a machiavellian plot to f*ck up a transfer window on purpose, as some are claiming. It's comical watching them double down on it though.

Where is the doubling down? You're also yet to tell us how we screwed up January. Showing me the drivel from WOL won't count either.

Cooperman said:
Where is the doubling down? You're also yet to tell us how we screwed up January. Showing me the drivel from WOL won't count either.

Mitch writes drivel? Blimey.

Cooperman said:

Jason Levien dialled into a Zoom/Teams call in person, footage of which is still widely available, in which he openly admitted responsibility for a botched January transfer window. And promised to put it right for this summer.

If you haven't seen it, find it and have a listen.

If you still think after that it wasn't a botch job, well..... I don't know what more to say tbh.

Neath_Jack said:
What's true? That your opinion is that the players we were linked to were crap? No idea if that's your question.

The owners royally fucked up the transfer window, that is an undeniabe fact. Mitch covered it well if you ask me.

Don't confuse me with someone that loves Martin mind, in January I was one of the first posters on here who was saying that I hope the owners don't give him any money for new players that window, I wanted him gone without wasting anymore of the clubs money on duds. I'm just trying to add some balance to the histrionics on this and other threads on the bloke.

I didn't label 'the targets' as crap, have another read.

The reality as I see it is that deals were not sanctioned for players who i) were not going to shape our season into anything successful, ii) had no long term return on investment for SCFC. Absolutely the correct call at the time.

Also, for a sense of balance, I was one of those who gave him more slack. However, enough eventually became enough.

Jason Levien dialled into a Zoom/Teams call in person, footage of which is still widely available, in which he openly admitted responsibility for a botched January transfer window. And promised to put it right for this summer.

If you still think after that it wasn't a botch job, well..... I don't know what more to say tbh.

What a CEO says and thinks are frequently two different things. Jason has form for this already.

Cooperman said:
What a CEO says and thinks are frequently two different things. Jason has form for this already.

:lol: so we've moved on to gaslighting on top of the inside job now have we?!?

This thread is becoming an absolute tonic :lol:

Cooperman said:
I didn't label 'the targets' as crap, have another read.

The reality as I see it is that deals were not sanctioned for players who i) were not going to shape our season into anything successful, ii) had no long term return on investment for SCFC. Absolutely the correct call at the time.

Also, for a sense of balance, I was one of those who gave him more slack. However, enough eventually became enough.

I don't need to have another read, I was paraphrasing.

But because you see something one way, it doesn't make it true does it.

Whichever way you dress it up, for whatever reasons you choose to believe, that January window was a complete and utter clusterfuck. And it would have been topped off beautifully had the Karlan Grant deal went through. To say otherwise is just being silly for arguments sake.

Put a link up on here pls

Neath_Jack said:
I don't need to have another read, I was paraphrasing.

But because you see something one way, it doesn't make it true does it.

Whichever way you dress it up, for whatever reasons you choose to believe, that January window was a complete and utter clusterfuck. And it would have been topped off beautifully had the Karlan Grant deal went through. To say otherwise is just being silly for arguments sake.

Then you paraphrased my words incorrectly.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back