• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Russell’s bitterness to Swansea

cadleigh said:
Well this is quite a swerve, thread-wise.

I’ve spent quite a lot of time trying to unearth the facts of what happened with Guidolin’s sacking, and what I’ve come up with is:
- He was dismissed on his birthday (not cool, but when you are in your 50s, birthdays aren’t such a big deal and would it really have made a big difference if it was the day before, or the week before… sacking sucks, the timing is just a magnifier)
- The club didn’t know he was back in Swansea to collect his stuff when they held the press conference at the Marriott to unveil Bradley (as the usual room for press conferences at the Liberty was unavailable). It was an unfortunate accident.
- Guidolin is the only manager in recent years who has not wished the club well on his departure. Bradley did, Potter did, Cooper did. Not sure about Martin. Guidolin definitely did not.
I am confused as to where this idea comes from that he was a ‘gent’ who was ‘hard done by’.

I think he delivered seven or eight league wins in the back half of the season that he joined, there were also some notable scalps in that lot too (I think we beat Chelsea, Liverpool and Arsenal / Man Utd).

At this point things were looking quite rosy.

Then we signed The Wardrobe in the close season and we all got even more starry eyed.

However, the opening to the next season was very limp. We will never really know if the corridors of power pulled the plug on him too early. It's what came next that made me chuckle nervously. Crazy times.

Darran said:
There’s some soppy twats on here aye.
Guidolin and Martin are history,f*ck em!

We've got the weirdest fan base in the league, it's getting odder by the day mun

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back