• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Saints bid £10m for Wood

Surely there's been a mistake and Southampton emailed 'Would Piroe be available?'

I like NW but faredywell

10m for someone who's had half a good season in the championship.
Take that all day. In fact I'd take far less.
Back under Martin with new players around him playing to his style he'll probably look a bit dodgy early on.

I'd sell at half that price to be honest, was absolutely gobsmacked when he was called up by England U21's, selling Wood will improve one of our problem areas...

"While the exact percentage is not known, Boro did include what has been described to the Northern Echo as a "very healthy" sell-on clause when Wood left for Swansea last summer."

https://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/23739282.middlesbrough-benefit-nathan-wood-leaves-swansea-southampton/

Wood for me is one of those under the "huge potential but much to learn" categories
£10m with a 40% sell on fee or £15m with a 20% sell on fee (because fcuk you Southampton) and it would be a yes from me
Nathan Tjoe-A-On is his obvious replacement and is naturally left footed

Would anyone other than Martin come in for a bid anything like that for Wood?
He played 40 games in a defence that was the 5th worse in the league.
He bought Darling from his previous club and although a promising prospect no one else put forward the cash we did.

Depends on the sell-on clause really. No clause and I’d take the money

He may go on to be a great player worth zillions, but I've never really seen it myself. Decent young player, that's about it.

If we can clear 10 million after paying 'Boro what they're owed via sell-on clause, then that would be fantastic.

Nice to Michu said:
Boro clause is 35%

oof-old-man.gif

Allergic2Hoof said:
10m cash and a 25% sell on and we should start the car. Decent player but he won't be an Ashley Williams.

People forget he’s only just turned 21. At that age, Ash still had another 4 years in League 2 ahead of him.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back