• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Saints bid £10m for Wood

Cooperman

Roger Freestone
Reaction score
Just flashed up on SSN and I don’t know the full terms, I assume it will be based on up front + additional fees based on criteria.

Never accept the first offer, particularly from a cash rich club.

Ensure that we have a decent sell on clause added to the agreement.

We won’t be ignoring this one.

Could plug a huge hole and allow us to bring in two decent defenders for that price…. I’d be inclined to take this. Pretty profit for a good season.

Then again, f**k them for the way they handled the Russ situation. Tough one….

12-15M then we’ll talk, guess we’ll go in for that Rotherham CB Humphreys?

I would be taking that, if we can get a bit more then great.

Would allow us to a bit of work, get a couple of centre halves in, give us a bit more to play with for a left wing back plus a midfielder.

I'm quite comfortable with Wood going if we have replacements coming in.

10m cash and a 25% sell on and we should start the car. Decent player but he won't be an Ashley Williams.

Snap their hand off for £10m. Most of the lads we sell for big fees haven't gone any further than the Championship, and Wood's not even excelled at this level for us yet.

Decent player who I’m sure will go on to do well… but he’s had a poor start to the season in my opinion and we could probably easily replace him.

Is there likely to be a sell on fee owed to Middlesbrough? I wouldn’t imagine it to be particularly large.

Definitely not irreplaceable. I would assume though, that the money might cover the non-sale of Piroe so probably wouldn't be reinvested in players.

If we can make this happen and tie down Piroe that would be ideal. Think we all would have snapped that up pre-market so silver linings

I just hope his replacement is a CB who can make a tackle. The regular 3 CBs now (Wood, Cabango and Darling) all seem to want to be footballers rather than defenders, constantly backing off and giving the opponents time and space to pick a pass or have a shot

So Saints want £26M for Tella and want to buy Wood for £7M .. fair play they are cheeky buggers..

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back